Dumb question perhaps?..on 485

srikanthsiva

Registered Users (C)
Is 485 more of a formality?

Can I safely say that once 140 is approved, you are about 90% done with the entire process?

I was laid off in 2002 and was jobless wfor several months while looking for another job....as a result, i was possibly out of status for a few months...etc...

Does these type of issues come up in 485 processing?

Don't mean to scare you or anything. This is exactly the kind of details they verify on I485. It is all personal

Arvind_I140 said:
Don't mean to scare you or anything. This is exactly the kind of details they verify on I485. It is all personal

Any idea about statistics of I-485 denial? Just curious :) I guess NSC has succeeded in teaching me to be sceptic on all fronts!

Status

srikanthsiva said:
Is 485 more of a formality?
I was laid off in 2002 and was jobless for several months while looking for another job....as a result, i was possibly out of status for a few months...etc...

Correct me if I am wrong guys...

If you are out of status for some time .... and then you get a new H1b approved .. all your past wrongdoing ( not the correct word) is pardoned.

The logic is that if someone goes out of status .. a fresh H1b should not be issued .. and if it is issued then the officer is convinced that he is OK..

They only look for Ur current status ... if you are ok now that means U are ok all through out.

I hope I am correct...

Thanks
Billtoo.