DUI probation = VISA & Green Card difficulty?

royteo

Hi guys, I am an international student who has completed his study and about to leave the country. I do plan to come back to this awesome country either as a tourist or as an investor (EB5). I do however have a couple of concerns.
2 years ago, I was convicted of Driving Under the Influence ( DUI ) .
There was no injury or accidents but my Blood Alcohol Content ( BAC ) was .16 , way above the .08 legal limit. OK, I know, it was pretty high. I juz got into a college and was rushing for the frats and was offered shots after shots.
Anyway I was required to pay fines, go to the DUI school, serve the community service and the whole nine yard which I completed.
The thing is that I am still under a "summary" probation of 5 years, 3 more years to go.
Here are my concerns:

1. Is the probation gonna affect future VISA applications?
Although DUI is not a Crime involving Moral Turpitude (CMT), and thus not a base for inadmissability/deportation, is it likely that I will be denied a VISA such as a tourist VISA in the future based on this misdemeanor?
Should I not leave the country before my probation period is over?

2. Probation = Doesn't qualify for green card?
I've read somewhere on this forums that a probation, no matter how trivial, will render me unqualified for a green card.
On the other hand, the immigration lawyer that I've consulted with over here in Los Angeles told me that it shouldn't be a problem.
She basically linked the eligibility for a green card to admissability.
According to her, as long as the crime does not render me inadmissable, I'm in good hands.
But she admitted that she's not 100% positive as she doesn't delve much into criminal law.
So I am hoping that you guys can toss in your 2 cents worth to shed a light on these issues.What is th

You really did not have to provide us with the circumstances that lead to your excessive drinking. This is a typical case of TMI. This will invoke personal comments and then you will get offended.

I juz got into a college and was rushing for the frats and was offered shots after shots.

Were you arrested, taken to a police station and fingerprinted? If you were arrested, then you need to mention this on your DS-156. Then it is up to the interviewing consul to determine the next course of action.