Dui Naturalizations citizens

JanieB

Hi I got DUI 2 years ago and now I plan to apply for naturalizations citizenship . I’m married with US citizens and I’m hold the green card for 3 years already and I would like to know I have wait longer than that or I can apply for it . I’m kinda stressed about it. And what’s the extra documents I have to send to immigration for that thank you

read the forums here, lots of similar examples. DUI is very serious and it may be better to wait until after 5 years before applying. (showing that you have a clean record for >5 years).

Hi I got DUI 2 years ago and now I plan to apply for naturalizations citizenship . I’m married with US citizens and I’m hold the green card for 3 years already and I would like to know I have wait longer than that or I can apply for it . I’m kinda stressed about it. And what’s the extra documents I have to send to immigration for that thank you

I finished my process in Jan. Your probation has to be over before you can apply N400(I applied the day its over). You just have to be honest and have the certified court deposition with you at the interview. I hired a lawyer for 650$ in the bayarea to go with me but that's not necessary.