DUI + GETTING MARRIED TO A USC

osa7790

Hello, I was arrested for a DUI on 01/10/2021 and had to accept a guilty DUI conviction on 10/04/2022. I got 12 months probation with a $2122 fine(Paid), 40 hours community service(Completed), dui driving school(completed), substance abuse evaluation(completed). I had tried to renew my EAD before its expiration date of 09/16/2021 but USCIS closed my case because I was taking too long to submit the final deposition for the DUI (In truth, the case was being transferred to GA’s Gwinnett State Court and I could not get the court to send anything because it was still being transferred). I plan on marrying my best friend, who’s a USC next month and so I was wondering if you all had any thoughts on how this will go?

I do have an immigration lawyer but tbh, she’s completely useless. My criminal lawyer was trying to get the case reduced to reckless driving but that got denied. Last time we spoke, we mentioned something about a DUI program in Gwinnett county to see if i can get in but I haven’t heard back from him.

Also, lost my job at the end of October last year too.

I’m sure that i will be asked questions about the DUI but will my application be denied? Any scenarios that comes to mind? I’m really scared and feel so helpless!