DUI (drink driving) & I - 485

sadman

Pleaded Guilty for first offence DUI.Charged with Misdeamnour Criminal Offence.Worried about I-485 approval and H1-B stamping.

Any experiances or known facts about effects of DUI on GC processing.

Please advice.

No Title

As long you\'re reported in 485 application and court disposition says you\'ve just paid fine, you might be ok. Again it depends on which state it happened. Some states might such as TX may treat as moral turpitude, in which case it\'ll be tough. Consult an experienced immigration lawyer.

No Title

From what I have heard and read, immigration law and civil/criminal law are different, and as long as it is not a very serious offense(Dunno how to categorize serious), I dont think you have any problems. But again, it is best to consult an immigration lawyer.

No Title

I do not think you have problems due to DUI. The criminal offenses may be of high security problems to the country and statehood. DUI is very silly in that angle.

No Title

Thank you very much guys..
    I really appreciate your info.It was killing me all the time without proper info.
  Hopefully everything will be okay..i will send H1b dcumnets to St Louis with Court certified
  Documents.

To All,
    Never ever think of Drink driving..Its a very serious Crime esp for non-immigrants like us.
  I have gone the pain and still going thru.