Dual US/Pakistani national, planning to leave to Pakistan from the US. Which passport to book ticket with and check in at the US airport

Dr.emad10

Dear all,

I am a dual national (US/Pakistan). I have with me both valid passports, but no NICOP.

Currently I am in Dubai on my tourist visa on my US passport. I am planning to return to the US in few weeks. I have then decided to head to Pakistan from US, now this is where I need help.

1) As I will enter the US with my US passport, and there being no exit immigration, should I then not check in at the US airport for my Pakistan bound flight with my US passport, and show my Pakistani passport if they ask me about my visa? Should I then not also book ticket on my US passport?

2) When I enter Pakistan, I will use my Pakistani passport.

3) When I am heading back to the US, I will check in with my US passport and at exit immigration I will show my Pakistani passport.

Please review my plan, and answer my questions.

Thanks a bunch

1. Yes
2.Yes
3.Might be best to use your Pakistani Passport for exit immigration and just show your American passport TO Prove you're a citizen and can fly to the US. Seeing that your Pakistani passport would've been the passport you used to enter Pakistan. Best to use that to Exit .Then just Use your American Passport when arriving back in the US . " US" Requires its citizens to use American passport when leaving or entering the country . You'll be fine either way as you'll have both passports in your possession and which ever one is asked for you would present .

1. Yes
2.Yes
3.Might be best to use your Pakistani Passport for exit immigration and just show your American passport TO Prove you're a citizen and can fly to the US. Seeing that your Pakistani passport would've been the passport you used to enter Pakistan. Best to use that to Exit .Then just Use your American Passport when arriving back in the US . " US" Requires its citizens to use American passport when leaving or entering the country . You'll be fine either way as you'll have both passports in your possession and which ever one is asked for you would present .

Thank you

OP (and to everyone else reading)- a suggestion.. please post on a topic only once.

As is the case here, OP duplicated this question on another thread, and now has responses in multiple threads, which creates a mess.