Dual I-485?

ping07192002

Registered Users (C)
The compan I have been working for has been sponsoring me for my green card application and we started it four years ago. Now I am on I-485 employment-based and I have been on this stage since 08/2002. I checked with USCIS and was told that my application is awaiting name check.

With a big unknown of how longer the name check process will take, I am thinking to start over with a family based I-485 as my husband is a US Citizen. I just heard that there is a new policy in Dallas area for family-based I-485 applications called "DORA" (Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment) and I am wondering I can file for this.

Though some people say I can't file for "DORA" as I have already filed I-485 employment-based before. But some people say it does not matter, I can still file for "DORA".

Based on my situation, I would like to get advice on the following:
1. With the 1st I-485 pending, can I now file "DORA" as family based for the second I-485?
2. If I can't, can I withdraw the 1st I-485 and then file "DORA" for the 2nd I-485?
3. If I file the 2nd I-485, will it go through the same name check process?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.

ping07192002 said:
The compan I have been working for has been sponsoring me for my green card application and we started it four years ago. Now I am on I-485 employment-based and I have been on this stage since 08/2002. I checked with USCIS and was told that my application is awaiting name check.

With a big unknown of how longer the name check process will take, I am thinking to start over with a family based I-485 as my husband is a US Citizen. I just heard that there is a new policy in Dallas area for family-based I-485 applications called "DORA" (Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment) and I am wondering I can file for this.

Though some people say I can't file for "DORA" as I have already filed I-485 employment-based before. But some people say it does not matter, I can still file for "DORA".

Based on my situation, I would like to get advice on the following:
1. With the 1st I-485 pending, can I now file "DORA" as family based for the second I-485?
2. If I can't, can I withdraw the 1st I-485 and then file "DORA" for the 2nd I-485?
3. If I file the 2nd I-485, will it go through the same name check process?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.
Yes, i think if you are leaving Dallas area you can file again if you are married to a USC,

Just that you are going to tell the officer that you already file, that its pending.

THIS IS NOTE A LEGAL ADVISE, I MIGHT EVEN BE WRONG

Ping:

You can file any number of I-485s concurrently. However, only one of them will be adjudicated. At the time of adjudication, USCIS will ask you to withdraw your other I-485 filings (including empl based). This is something i know for regular employment based and family based I-485 filings. I am not sure if there is any specific requirement for DORA. (which i dont think so)

a piece of advice: make sure you have same biographic information in all your I-485 filings, because the last thing you want to do is giving inconsistent information.

-milpride