Dual A file issue because of F1 EAD's?

dallasn400guy

Registered Users (C)
Based on the postings on this forum, it looks like most of the people who are having the dual A file issue is related to filing 485 and also proceeding with CP. Has anyone encountered the dual A files because of the A number being different on the EAD cards obtained during F1 Practice Training and the A number on the Green Card? If so, please post your experience. Thanks.

Dallas N400 Guy.

dallasn400guy said:
Based on the postings on this forum, it looks like most of the people who are having the dual A file issue is related to filing 485 and also proceeding with CP. Has anyone encountered the dual A files because of the A number being different on the EAD cards obtained during F1 Practice Training and the A number on the Green Card? If so, please post your experience. Thanks.

Dallas N400 Guy.

Yes. This is also a very common scenario. See my comments on other thread :

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=215706

sam_c said:
I had an F1/EAD but encountered no problems. So I guess it depends on your luck.

Sam

I am sure the A# on your EAD and green card are different, which would mean that you did have two "A" files. However, someone in INS decided to do their job right and sent both A files to DO before interview.

At least, it's good to hear that not everyone who has multiple A files has to suffer these unnecessary delays.

And YES, I do believe that it depends on your luck.

Deer said:
I am sure the A# on your EAD and green card are different, which would mean that you did have two "A" files. However, someone in INS decided to do their job right and sent both A files to DO before interview.

At least, it's good to hear that not everyone who has multiple A files has to suffer these unnecessary delays.

And YES, I do believe that it depends on your luck.

Yes, I knew they were different before going for my interview. That's why I said I was lucky :)

Sam