• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dsp-122, ds-230 sent sept.2010 help plz.

chutgur

Registered Users (C)
hello everyone. i am 2011 selectee cn number is as33000. i received my NL1 back in may 2010. i was confused and got my medicals done and sent all the documents to chicago lockbox sept.2010 which was rejected obviously and forms were sent back to me. i found this forum and discovered i was suppose to send dsp-122,ds-230 forms to kcc first. so i sent it last september 20th to KCC for consular processing. my question is do i have chance to receive NL2 and interview date. or am i too late and screwed up? tnx guys.

hello everyone. i am 2011 selectee cn number is as33000. i received my NL1 back in may 2010. i was confused and got my medicals done and sent all the documents to chicago lockbox sept.2010 which was rejected obviously and forms were sent back to me. i found this forum and discovered i was suppose to send dsp-122,ds-230 forms to kcc first. so i sent it last september 20th to KCC for consular processing. my question is do i have chance to receive NL2 and interview date. or am i too late and screwed up? tnx guys.

Hey my friend, do not worry at all. the dv 2011 fiscal year will end on the 30th Sept. 2011 and we are just in Oct. 2010. KCC is still doing the processing. And they have more time to work on your case. So you shall surely become current one day, just start putting your documents together whilst you pray.

Chutgur you have still time lol
But be careful to read the instructions carefully and ask if unsure :)
The medical did not need to be done now. I think you gonna have to do it again when yo get 2NL.

hello Chutgur ... where r u from,? r u from mgl?

chutgur,

FY 2011 started on Oct 1, 2010 and thats why your AoS was rejected by USCIS for 'early filing'. Yes you need to send the KCC forms back to KCC to let them know your decision (either CP or AoS) and that you want to pursue it. You will then receive a NL2 from KCC confirming your decision. If you are doing AoS, you need to pay $440 to Dept. of State and you will need the receipt of which to include with your AoS package, then you basically wait until your CN becomes current by watching the visa bulletin and THEN send your AoS package to Chicago. You can find details about how to go about this process in the DV 2011 AOS Only thread (read the whole thread from first page and almost all your questions will be answered).

The process is different (obviously) if you plan on doing Consular Processing.

Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeffy14,

So you are among the first to receive the Green Card for the FY 2011!!! Congratulations! May the new status serve you best here in the US!

Chutgur you have still time lol
But be careful to read the instructions carefully and ask if unsure :)
The medical did not need to be done now. I think you gonna have to do it again when yo get 2NL.

i decided to do CP, reading people's advice and having high CN and previous my screw ups seems its better for me. this thing is killing what if i don't receive 2nd letter, what if my dsp-122,ds-230 was filed too late. because of family, and business matters i have to travel to US often. if i dont get GC i am screwed big time hehe. i think i wont have problem with the interview, if i have one. Looking at the previous years visa bulletins my cn will be current in aug, sept of 2011. another question is 2nd Nl arrives 1 month before interview date or it can come any time?

hello house, please i will like to file for my wife but i will like u to assist me with some questions about DS230.
1. will i be the one to fill the form for her or she will fill her own by herself.
2. in her own form who is the petitioner and who is the applicant
3. who will be the one to sign the column of applicants signature
thank you as i need urgent advice concerning these questions