DSC-156 form on 2 seperate sheets

akhilan

Registered Users (C)
DSC-156 form has to be printed back to back or on 2 seperate sheets of papers???

I mean 1 page on 1 sheet and the other on another sheet

or both on the same sheet back to back

please let me know,

Thanks

Akhila

if you send to St.L, its okey to be seperate papers. i did like that and had no problem. but if you apply in overseas it has to be in single paper, ie, back to back.

skali

I just got my visa stamped in Ottawa (on Jan 5th ) and I am back. I printed 156 on 2 seperate Pages( in fact 3 if you consider the bar code). I dont think this makes a difference as long as all the info is correct and accurate.

what is this barcode.. yesterday i printed one ..i just see the barcode letters only .. not exactly the barcode ..Do we get barcode or what ???

where is this barcode.. I printed one recently .. i see only the barcode letters .. but i don tsee a real barcode ..
What is this all about ???

Open DS 156 pdf thru the link given in your appt confirmation letter. After completing it you hit submit button and it re-generates the pdf file with your info and creates a bar code in 2 different places(one above the place where you paste your picture and another on the last page.) So your initial 2 page 156 pdf will be now 3 page pdf with just bar code and your name on the 3rd page.

All that you have to do is print(you can also save) this pdf and take it with you to embassy/ consulate.
If you have submitted this well in advance, they have sufficient time to check your info and this will help when you go there...as they have all the info and all that they have to do is scan the bar code and view the info. This is what I did...i submitted online 20 days in advance.

OHh you guys are talking about the revalidation at the consulate ..
HMm .. But i was thinking about the revalidation at the state Department . means Stlouis.. and washington
But now even state depeartment also did a mandatary of DS156 e form ..But when we fill that we are not getting any barcode ??

Originally posted by sdrblr
Open DS 156 pdf thru the link given in your appt confirmation letter. After completing it you hit submit button and it re-generates the pdf file with your info and creates a bar code in 2 different places(one above the place where you paste your picture and another on the last page.) So your initial 2 page 156 pdf will be now 3 page pdf with just bar code and your name on the 3rd page.

All that you have to do is print(you can also save) this pdf and take it with you to embassy/ consulate.
If you have submitted this well in advance, they have sufficient time to check your info and this will help when you go there...as they have all the info and all that they have to do is scan the bar code and view the info. This is what I did...i submitted online 20 days in advance.

Has any State Government website stated this Auto generated Bar code being mandatory.

http://travel.state.gov/revals.html - still says "

The Visa Office accepts only the February 2003 version of the DS-156. This version includes a space for a bar code sticker. "

It does not mention any auto generated Bar code.

Read on Murthy.com

but again how far it is valid?

Cannot be validated until State department post on their website. which should be soon if true.