Registered Users (C)
Dsatish, Rajum,
Requesting that we integrate or rather combine efforts
already in progress.

In other words, a campaign targetted at

1) meeting VSC Director
2) submitting peition/memorandum from affected applicants
3) doing the same to Congressmen , particularly Imm Sub-committee

And as a first step, can we please set up a tele-con ?

Let's publish the # here and ask people to dial in. Let's see how many are
willing, what could be mentioned in that petition.

Let's see how many are willing to travel to Vermont to meet.

What do you guys think ?

I understand your concern but there is no use of a tele conference a this stage. We need to first make an appointment with VSC director. I will try to get that done through Savita Krishnamoorty. It might take time. I will update every one once we are able to get the appointment.

Thanks

That's great Dsatish.

The only reasons for my proposing a tele-con were :

1) Hammer and narrow down the contents of the complaint petition.
Make it short, concise and very focused instead of trying to solve/address
very generic issues.

2) Get an update on the "list of willing to sign", "list of willing to travel to VSC"
and "list of willing to have their names included".

I thought it would be easier to get an appoinment with VSC Director with
a larger group which always has a larger clout. If you think that's not
necessary, by all means , go for it.

Thanks again.

P.S By the way, who's Savitha ?

Thanks again...

Satish..thx for all the info.

Let's move on this with some speed if possible.

Please let me know how I can help. I am absolutely Ok with taking
leave of absence ( have enough PTO's for that ) to travel to Vermont too ,
if need be.

dSatish,
can you please post account details and usage of funds collected by immigrationportal.org? We have no idea how is that money being utilised and if the attorney that was hired part time has produced any tangible results so far. Also if we dont have too much on cards, can we donate some money to the tsunami effected disaster relief?

kailashr said:
dSatish,
can you please post account details and usage of funds collected by immigrationportal.org? We have no idea how is that money being utilised and if the attorney that was hired part time has produced any tangible results so far. Also if we dont have too much on cards, can we donate some money to the tsunami effected disaster relief?

You have posted this posting today in 3 different threads. I don't understand your reasons for it. Just post it in the Fund discussion thread and if you don't get an answer in 24 hours, then send me a PM. Then you will get the reply. See my reply in the following thread.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1013358#post1013358

kailashr said:
dSatish,
can we donate some money to the tsunami effected disaster relief?

IMHO, the best way to make donations for relief against natural disasters is to donate to redcross. That way you know for 200% sure, that every penny you have donated will be spent rightly. I have donated $100 to red cross during the Florida Hurrican disaster and after that added the "Donate to Red Cross" link in my signature. Every year i will keep donating to red cross.