DS230PART1 Questions???..URGENT

khalas

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends
Can I request our CP GURU\'s to help me and all other new guys with some questions asked in form DS230 part-1.This consolidated piece of information would help us clear our doubts..so here are some questions

1) Does a web downloaded copy of the form work? if yes then in what form should we take print out.Can it be two separate pages or it has to be back to back??
2)Item No. 10: Is it mandatory to give permanent address in the US ??..e.g. in my case i am in middle east. Although I have an apartment in the US but i will be leaving it in the next couple of months or so?..so i don\'t intend to live there in future.Can I still use that address OR can I give my friends address??
3) ITEM NO-12 : Present Occupation : Is it individuals job title or field of work e.g. my title is sr. consultant..so do i write that or just write Telecom Engr.which is my field/occupation??
4)ITEM NO-22 : "In what occupation do you intend to work in the US"?--i guess its the present occupation..is it??
5) ITEM NO-23 : List of Educational Institutes : what level should one start from..10th or +2 or what??
6) ITEM NO-25 : Previous visits / addresses in the US..is it okay to provide just the address info?..just listing all addresses where one has stayed and duration..or they are looking for details of each visit one has made to the US during his tenure..i mean including visits on vacation etc???..do we have to include all those details??
7) What is the amount per person for the certified cheque and in whose favor should it be made??
8)What certificates (if any) need to be sent along with the form..should one keep something ready?
9)What is the best way to send the completed form back to STL..I have read about some controversy about some couriers not delivering etc?
...I\'d appreciate if anyone has any suggestions or some more questions and they could post it in response...THANX A LOT..!!!

few answers

1) Does a web downloaded copy of the form work? if yes then in what form should we take print out.Can it be two separate pages or it has to be back to back??
Ans: yes it works thats what i am sending but mine is AC140 case. Is that what are you planning to do? I have printed out sigle sided.
If yours is going via NVC then you should recv. pkt 3

2)Item No. 10: Is it mandatory to give permanent address in the US ??..e.g. in my case i am in middle east. Although I have an apartment in the US but i will be leaving it in the next couple of months or so?..so i don\'t intend to live there in future.Can I still use that address OR can I give my friends address??
Ans: I would at least give a friend\'s or relatives address. Check with your attorney to find out if it can be left blank.

3) ITEM NO-12 : Present Occupation : Is it individuals job title or field of work e.g. my title is sr. consultant..so do i write that or just write Telecom Engr.which is my field/occupation??
Ans: I assume that you are working for the same employer who is sponsering your GC. If so technically your present occupation would be same as what its going to be after you get GC.
So, this should be same as job title on your approved I140. In other words, after coming to USA you should be working as what your employer specified on I140.

4)ITEM NO-22 : "In what occupation do you intend to work in the US"?--i guess its the present occupation..is it??
Ans: Again job title same on approved I140.

5) ITEM NO-23 : List of Educational Institutes : what level should one start from..10th or +2 or what??
Ans: I am specifying all (10th, 12th, graduation). But I think only graduation and post gradution matters. But no harm in specifying all.

6) ITEM NO-25 : Previous visits / addresses in the US..is it okay to provide just the address info?..just listing all addresses where one has stayed and duration..or they are looking for details of each visit one has made to the US during his tenure..i mean including visits on vacation etc???..do we have to include all those details??
Ans: I would specify all the entries and exits to USA. During one visit if you stayed at multiple addresses then you can specify one where you stayed longest.

7) What is the amount per person for the certified cheque and in whose favor should it be made??
Ans: I don\'t remember. Check other threads u\'ll find this info.

8)What certificates (if any) need to be sent along with the form..should one keep something ready?
Ans: I don\'t think you need to send any certs with DS230.

9)What is the best way to send the completed form back to STL..I have read about some controversy about some couriers not delivering etc?

Ans: Oh so yours is going via NVC. I have noticed people in other threads sending pkt 3 by USPS. I am not sure how you would send it from mid east. I would guess it will have to be your government run postal service there which would hand it over to USPS here. But find out from right sources.