DS2019 and J1 waiver

britz1955

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I applied for my J1 extension and I started waiver application before I received the new DS 2019. Therefore, I only submitted the first DS2019 for my waiver. DOS confirmed they received my DS2019 and now I am waiting for the decision from DOS. It has been 5 days and I do not see any decision yet. Does the extension affect my waiver application?Or should I be patient waiting for few more days. I read that some people just wait for 2-3 days to get decision.
Should I submit the second DS 2019 to DOS?
I am anxious about the result...anybody can help me?

Azi

Dear all,

I applied for my J1 extension and I started waiver application before I received the new DS 2019. Therefore, I only submitted the first DS2019 for my waiver. DOS confirmed they received my DS2019 and now I am waiting for the decision from DOS. It has been 5 days and I do not see any decision yet. Does the extension affect my waiver application?Or should I be patient waiting for few more days. I read that some people just wait for 2-3 days to get decision.
Should I submit the second DS 2019 to DOS?
I am anxious about the result...anybody can help me?

Azi

idealy you suppose not to extend J visa with pending waiver and many places will ask you if you have pending or approved waiver and will not request extension if you have one. anyhow, I saw many cases extend their J with pending waiver, in this case send a copy from the new DS to the DOS to update your waiver if still pending. If not and the waiver approved before you receive the extension, just consider youself not familliar with the regulations and go ahead and apply for the H or GC (which are the ultimate purpose from the waiver) with the waiver.

DS 2019 decision and waiver

idealy you suppose not to extend J visa with pending waiver and many places will ask you if you have pending or approved waiver and will not request extension if you have one. anyhow, I saw many cases extend their J with pending waiver, in this case send a copy from the new DS to the DOS to update your waiver if still pending. If not and the waiver approved before you receive the extension, just consider youself not familliar with the regulations and go ahead and apply for the H or GC (which are the ultimate purpose from the waiver) with the waiver.

Thank you for the reply mmed. I never know about the extension and at the same time applying for a waiver.

What happens if I don't send a copy of the new DS-2019 to DOS?
Does DOS have the information about my extension?If so, are they waiting for the new DS2019?

If they give favorable recommendation before the new DS2019 arrives(because it takes 2 weeks for them to update a new document) and later they find they receive a new DS2019, will it affect anything?
I am so worried now....:confused:

Should I call DOS and ask?Anybody know a specific number and numbers that I should press to talk DOS officer directly?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get a waiver soon.Below is my timeline so far..

No Objection Statement Received April 20, 2009
Fee Received December 22, 2008
Form DS-3035 Received December 22, 2008
Form DS-2019 Received December 22, 2008
Passport Data Page Received December 22, 2008
Letter of Representation Received December 22, 2008
Statement Of Reason Received December 22, 2008

Thank you..

Thank you for the reply mmed. I never know about the extension and at the same time applying for a waiver.

What happens if I don't send a copy of the new DS-2019 to DOS?
Does DOS have the information about my extension?If so, are they waiting for the new DS2019?

If they give favorable recommendation before the new DS2019 arrives(because it takes 2 weeks for them to update a new document) and later they find they receive a new DS2019, will it affect anything?
I am so worried now....:confused:

Should I call DOS and ask?Anybody know a specific number and numbers that I should press to talk DOS officer directly?

Thank you all in advance. I am hoping to get a waiver soon.Below is my timeline so far..

No Objection Statement Received April 20, 2009
Fee Received December 22, 2008
Form DS-3035 Received December 22, 2008
Form DS-2019 Received December 22, 2008
Passport Data Page Received December 22, 2008
Letter of Representation Received December 22, 2008
Statement Of Reason Received December 22, 2008

Thank you..

When a favorable recommendation is issued, this suppose to be related on the J condition at that time. But, if you extend the J, this is considered to be different conditions which may put you in a category not eligible for no objection waiver. Because of that you suppose not to extend the J with pending waiver. But as I said, who care if you have the favorable recommendation before the extension just consider you do not know and do not do anything.