DS156 --> URGENT query

engineer80

Registered Users (C)
I just noticed today that I had left the US on 4th of a month and immigrated at Mumbai on the 6th. My passport has the immigration check stamp for the 6th.

But, on the DS 156, about dates while I was in the US, I have made a mistake of writing down the first time I entered US to the 6th. It should have been the 4th..Isn't it?

Don't know what to do now. I have some air-ticket stubs to show that I left on the 6th, if required. But, I don't know...

Any suggestions?

engineer80 said:
I just noticed today that I had left the US on 4th of a month and immigrated at Mumbai on the 6th. My passport has the immigration check stamp for the 6th.

But, on the DS 156, about dates while I was in the US, I have made a mistake of writing down the first time I entered US to the 6th. It should have been the 4th..Isn't it?

Don't know what to do now. I have some air-ticket stubs to show that I left on the 6th, if required. But, I don't know...

Any suggestions?
I don't understand .....

you say you left the US on the 4th ....
What is the link between the question "When did you enter the US ..." and the date on which you left the US ???

Hi,

I am sorry....It says HAve you ever been to the US? Yes or No. I said Yes.
It says When? ---> To which I wrote down the dates of when I entered the US and when I left. But instead of writing my end date at the 4th, I wrote it as the 6th...i.e. the date i passed immigration check at Mumbai.

For how long --> I said, ABOUT THREE YEARS.

So, That is the problem.

I could write a letter, but I don't see how does it help. I am going to appear for the interview very soon and they are going to have that DS-156 on hand.

I do have my travel itenerary...baggage stubs and boarding pass for the 6th. But.......just doesn't seem convincing....

engineer80 said:
Hi,

I am sorry....It says HAve you ever been to the US? Yes or No. I said Yes.
It says When? ---> To which I wrote down the dates of when I entered the US and when I left. But instead of writing my end date at the 4th, I wrote it as the 6th...i.e. the date i passed immigration check at Mumbai.

For how long --> I said, ABOUT THREE YEARS.

So, That is the problem.

I could write a letter, but I don't see how does it help. I am going to appear for the interview very soon and they are going to have that DS-156 on hand.

I do have my travel itenerary...baggage stubs and boarding pass for the 6th. But.......just doesn't seem convincing....
Don't worry too much ... we are talking about 2 days in 3 years !!

Also you have the PP stamp that says 6th (in India) and you also have boarding passes (which will show the correct date) ... you have the boarding pass of the flight out of US as well - right??

Don't worry -- you can always explain if asked ... plus its not that those forms have worded questions in a very clear way -- most Qs are friggin' ambiguous at best :)

I think you should be OK. That is a genuine mistake and not something that is going to be looked down as crime. No need to write a letter or something, esp if you have the visa and all other papers in place.