DS-3032 and I864 questions

SudP

Registered Users (C)
1. Is I-864 needed for employment based CP? (in which CP is selected instead of AOS)

2. What are the risks of not appointing an agent in DS-3032 and completing (i.e. applying for CP) all the packet documents on our own not taking help from the company lawyer ?

3. Has anybody from this forum applied for employment based CP on their own? can they please share their experience?

Thanks!

ds 3032

1. I dont think I864 is needed for employment based applications(double check it).
2. It is advisable to use a agent/lawyer with US address, as it is faster(it takes much longer for international mail). Lawyer is fine , you can appoint him/her as an agent as well. Again Lawyer with US address would be better. Even in your home country you can appoint anybody as your agent(including lawyer, and yourself) I believe all the paperwork is self explanatory, If Language is no issue.

Hope this helps.

ds 3032

Thanks nirav5508 for the reply.

I am currently working in US, so what if I receive the mail to my US address. Will it still help to have a lawyer if I am in US? or will I be able to do it on my own?

Thanks again.