ds 260 - Children info

raj_3808

Hi
I am filling out info for my parent (for DS260). A section asks for principal immigrants children with questions like child address, is he migrating with you etc.
I am the child (but also petitioner). So, do I put my details again (seems redundant). Is this needed?

Any advice?

I am assuming you are the petitioner residing in US correct ? If that is the case you should not enter your details & obviously you are not migrating with your parent.

The DS260 form should be filled out from the parent’s perspective, not the petitioner’s.
Does it say list all living children regardless of age? Then your details need to be in there. (How can you petition them if you are not their child, which is the implication of not listing yourself.)
Will the child be immigrating with you - obviously not
If it only wants listing of children under 21 or who will be immigrating then sure leave yourself off,but that’s not my recollection of the form - my memory could be faulty of course.

You are right SusieQQQ, it wants list of all children of principal applicant - so I should put myself (though it seems obvious and redundant ). I will go with your advise. Thanks