DS 230 Part 1

amolnaik

Registered Users (C)
DS 230 Part 1 and Police Clearance

Hi,

Few queries regarding DS 230 Part 1 and Police Clearance Certificates.

1. I have visited US about 6 times. DS 230 Part 1 allows only 3 lines to fill in for these visits. Do I fill in an additional form for the rest of the visits? Has anybody had a similar experience?

2. How important is the permanent address that I enter on this form? I haven't bought an apartment in the US so I am planning to write my relatives name and address in this section. Can this create a problem?

3. Police Clearance - I had stayed in the US for 1.5 years in 1999-2000. Stayed at NJ but used to travel to NY for work. I suppose I need to get police clearance for that stay, don't I? And if I do, for NJ, correct?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
amolnaik:

1. I have visited US about 6 times. DS 230 Part 1 allows only 3 lines to fill in for these visits. Do I fill in an additional form for the rest of the visits? Has anybody had a similar experience?
Answer: Attach a sheet of paper to your ds 230 part i and include the information required and also do not forget to title that document as attachment to ds 230 part i question xx and mention somewhere on that document your case number for reference!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. How important is the permanent address that I enter on this form? I haven't bought an apartment in the US so I am planning to write my relatives name and address in this section. Can this create a problem?
Answer: Permanent address does not imply that you have bought a house/ apt. It simply means where do you stay currently and will be staying until you receive your CP approval and moreover your physical GC. I also stay in a rental apt and hence i put that address and that is where i received the p4 and my physical gc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. Police Clearance - I had stayed in the US for 1.5 years in 1999-2000. Stayed at NJ but used to travel to NY for work. I suppose I need to get police clearance for that stay, don't I? And if I do, for NJ, correct?
Answer: PCC is not required for your stay in usa. It is required for your stay in India and from any other country if you have stayed there for more than 6 months after you reached the age of 16 years.

kd1403,

one more question..

you mentioned that i need to mention the case # on the attachment. Which case # are you referring to? I-140 or I-824?

Re: DS 230 Part 1 and Police Clearance

Originally posted by amolnaik
Hi,

Few queries regarding DS 230 Part 1 and Police Clearance Certificates.

{Use an additional sheet. At the top of the sheet write the
item # clearly and mention that this is an additional sheet.
On the DS 230, in that particular item, write that you have
attached an additional sheet}

{They don't care whether you bought a house or not. They
just want to know the address you consider as your
permanent. You can give your relatives name and address
in this section and that is where your plastic card would
arrive}

{From what I remember US is one of the places, you
need not submit a PCC for. They can track your record on
line. Research on this item and your can view this somewhere}

Thanks

{my responses}

Raju

amolnaik:

Case number i am referring to is your BMB/ MDR/ NWD number .... and also include yoru i-140 and/ or I-824 number if your is a AC i-140 case where you have still not received a BMB/ MDR/ NWD number!

Thanks Raju

Another question:

For the details regarding the visits to the US, does the Location refer to the location where I was staying during that visit?

Originally posted by amolnaik
Thanks Raju

Another question:

For the details regarding the visits to the US, does the Location refer to the location where I was staying during that visit?

Yes. The name of the city and the state.

Raju

amolnaik:

Answer: Yes it would mean CITY, STATE where you lived. So lets say your port of entry (POE) as JFK, NY and you stayed in xxx, NJ then it should be xxx, NJ where you lived. The logic being the POE is something they can track based on your visa number.