DS 230 Part 1 Issue

snm65

Registered Users (C)
DS 230 Issue:

While I am filling up the DS 230 Part I , I came across this situation :
The Location you enter for Question No 22 is automatically being entered for Location for Question No 25. And if you change one the other is getting updated. Has any one noticed this or is it something with the form I downloaded? :confused:

I got the form form http://travel.state.gov/Publications/DS-0230.pdf

PS : I have posted this in another thread too

Last edited by a moderator:
You can save it only if you have Adobe Professional or if you have Adobe Disteller installed on your PC

I had the same problem, so I just left the Item# 22 unfilled and wrote my Lawyer about the correct
info to be filled.
They fill in again in their form which seems to be working correctly.

Usually the lawyers have their own software, using which they enter all your info, and the software generates the acrobat file.

So, I think you can just hand-write the fields that are giving you problem, and inform the lawyer what the problem is. They should take care of it in their software.

Help Needed for DS-230 Part I

CPGurus,

20. List All Places you have lived atleast 6 months..

Situation:
Though I was living in another state , for records/payroll I maintained my company Guest House address for the past 2.5 years. Since company Guest house is vacated they are changing the records to my current address.

Question:
How do I need to fill item 20 in DS-230 Part I? Do I need to show both the addresses with overlapping dates? Will this be an issue during the interview?

Please help, I would sincerely appreciate your thoughts..

Thanks..

SNM65,
The forms i got from NVC has expiry date of 2007. It is 2 sided form.
Do we have to fill it on our own, or lawyers fills it?

Alren,
In my daughter case, she is 4 yrs old, do i need to sign on her behalf?

thanks,
shishir

spb999

I too got a two sided form from NVC and it is dated 05/31/04. You can fill it in if you want-the choice is yours.

In the case of your 4 year old - you could sign it as "Father and Natural Guardian"
That is what I did