DS 230 form- K1 interview- Police Certificate

kaashi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
The K1 interview is in 3 weeks. There's a question on DS-230 that I was trying to find an answer to:

"Who will you be traveling with?"

Does the fiance write that she'll be traveling alone? I intend to go to India and bring her back with me. It is more appropriate that way from the social viewpoint. Will they ask at JFK immigration who she traveled with? what was the fiance doing traveling with her? did they get married while they were in India? we plan on having a small religious ceremony but do the civil marriage after she comes back here in the US. I know one's got to be honest about everything but just curious on how to handle it.

Question on medical/vaacinations: The fiance is having the medical and vaccinations done before the K-1 interview. Does she have do everything all over again when we file for her I-485 AOS 4-6 months from now?

Police Clearance- Any idea who to approach directly for the Police certificate since everyone just gives one the run around in India.

Thanks.
kaashi

I was looking through the form and I was looking for this question (so I could answer it in context) but I couldnt find it....what number is the question.

As regards the medical and vaccinations.....provided that the I-693 vaccination transcription is filed along with AOS within a year then she could be good to go (medical is valid for 1 year).

Hi, I am sorry, it is actually form DS 156, question number 34, about Name and relationship of persons traveling with you.
Thanks for your help.

I found the Example forms on visajourney.com and might fill similar answers on most of the questions.

Ah, gotcha!!!
I'd definitely make use of the guides on visajourney. Theyre an excellent source of reference and were exactly what I used as a point of reference when I was going through the K1 process.

Good luck :D

So, we'll just write that she's traveling alone on her K1 visa? why make things complicated, right? I'll be in the Citizen line at JFK and she will be in the Visitor line.

For K-1 visa issuance, it really does not matter how that question is answered.

So, we'll just write that she's traveling alone on her K1 visa? why make things complicated, right? I'll be in the Citizen line at JFK and she will be in the Visitor line.