DS-165 questions/H1B stamping in Chennai

haris44

Registered Users (C)
I am applying for H1 Stamping in Chennai; have some questions. please help me.

In the new form,

1. What do I write in Box 15 " Home address"? I stay in US, but I will be applying from Chennai thru drop box?

2. Box 16 - home phone number, business fax, phone etc? what should i write there?

3. Box 25 - Names of people i will be staying with? If i have roommate, should i write his name and his info??

Thanks

Originally posted by haris44
I am applying for H1 Stamping in Chennai; have some questions. please help me.

In the new form,

1. What do I write in Box 15 " Home address"? I stay in US, but I will be applying from Chennai thru drop box?

2. Box 16 - home phone number, business fax, phone etc? what should i write there?

3. Box 25 - Names of people i will be staying with? If i have roommate, should i write his name and his info??

Thanks

THe foprm to use is DS-156, Non-Immigrant visa application.

1. Write your Indian address (it is box 12)
2. Write Indian home phone number (it is box 13)
Write your employer's name and address, ph number, fax etc.
in boxes 16, 17 and 18.
3 . I couldn't find such a box in DS-156. Box 25 is "DO you intend to work in the US?"

What form are you referring to?

IMPORTANT - DS-156 Form Change

Nkm,

Thanks a lot for the answers. But the form DS-156 has changed. They have released a new version only last week. They have this new box No 25 which asks" name of persons u will be staying with for visiting/business etc." Check it out and let me know.

Thanks

Re: IMPORTANT - DS-156 Form Change

Originally posted by haris44
Nkm,

Thanks a lot for the answers. But the form DS-156 has changed. They have released a new version only last week. They have this new box No 25 which asks" name of persons u will be staying with for visiting/business etc." Check it out and let me know.

Thanks

Haris44,

Sorry I did not realize that DS-156 has been revised recently. You can include your name and address there and that should be enough. You can also check with the consulate. I think that question is more relevant for temporary visitors, students, etc.