DS 160 Security and Background check section

ml80

Hi Friends,

I am on H1B in USA for few years.

I am planning for Visitor Visa for my parents and I have very specific question related to security and background check question in DS 160.

In Security and Background check the question is under criminal information.

Quest: Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar actions?

My father was arrested in India for property issue with one tenant (my father is the owner of the property.) Tenant was having some political links and wanted to grab the property using power and without giving much money. Tenant filed a case against my father (my father actually did not do anything) saying he frightened him to vacate the rented property and then he was arrested for the same on section 506(2) (the offence of criminal intimidation) . He was arrested for 10 hours in 1998 for the above case and then he was released. He was later declared not-guilty and the case was closed. The case was closed in 1999.

1. What should he write for above question? If he needs to write YES then what are the chances of rejection of VISA or will he be the victim of this?

2. It happened 11 to 12 years ago, does this timeline help my parents? What should he answer to above in this case?

3. Let me know if I need to consult to any immigration lawyer in India and prepare any documents before going for Visitor visa interview.

4. I was told that my father should carry all the relevant documents with him about the above case for Visitor visa interview. The documents are in regional language and in this case which document he should get in English to support and inform about this case to USA consulate.

Please let me know what I should do if you can.

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks

A1: Answer "Yes". As long as there were no charges filed, it should not be an issue.
A2: See above.
A3: I see no need.
A4: Yes, get them translated and notarised.

1. What should he write for above question? If he needs to write YES then what are the chances of rejection of VISA or will he be the victim of this?

2. It happened 11 to 12 years ago, does this timeline help my parents? What should he answer to above in this case?

3. Let me know if I need to consult to any immigration lawyer in India and prepare any documents before going for Visitor visa interview.

4. I was told that my father should carry all the relevant documents with him about the above case for Visitor visa interview. The documents are in regional language and in this case which document he should get in English to support and inform about this case to USA consulate.

"Need help.."

Hi Friends,

I am on H1B in USA for few years.

I am planning for Visitor Visa for my parents and I have very specific question related to security and background check question in DS 160.

In Security and Background check the question is under criminal information.

Quest: Have you ever been arrested or convicted for any offense or crime, even though subject of a pardon, amnesty, or other similar actions?

My father was arrested in India for property issue with one tenant (my father is the owner of the property.) Tenant was having some political links and wanted to grab the property using power and without giving much money. Tenant filed a case against my father (my father actually did not do anything) saying he frightened him to vacate the rented property and then he was arrested for the same on section 506(2) (the offence of criminal intimidation) . He was arrested for 10 hours in 1998 for the above case and then he was released. He was later declared not-guilty and the case was closed. The case was closed in 1999.

Please let me know what I should do if you can.

Appreciate your time and help.

Thanks

""

Last edited by a moderator: