DS-156 Questions

nick007

Registered Users (C)
DS-156 form Questions,Currently i am in H1B Visa,going to Mexico for Stamping.please

do u know what to answer for these questions?

22. When Do You Intend To Arrive In The U.S.?

27. What is The Purpose of Your Trip?

28. Who Will Pay For Your Trip?

29. Have You Ever Been in The U.S.?
How Wong?

30. Have You Ever Been Issued a U.S. Visa?

Thanks guys in advance.let me know if u need more info.

22. When Do You Intend To Arrive In The U.S.?
-- The date you are returning to US after stamping.

27. What is The Purpose of Your Trip?
-- Work ( as you are on H1-B)

28. Who Will Pay For Your Trip?
-- Self ( If you are paying for the expenses)

29. Have You Ever Been in The U.S.?
-- You are in US, so check the 'YES' box
How Wong?
-- Mention how long you have been in the US

30. Have You Ever Been Issued a U.S. Visa?
-- As you said you are on H1-B, so you were issued a VISA. Check the YES box and complete the 'when' and 'where' .

DS 156 question for H-1 B stampng

Hi

I am planing to go for H-1B stampng in Mumbai some time in June/july.

I am confused about what to write in question-31 of DS 156 form.

I came here on student visa in Jan 2001 and currently h-1 approved (not stamped) since March 06.

When I orginally applied for student visa in Oct 2000 I was given probably 221 G. then I reappeared in Dec 2000 and my Student visa were granted.

So on my DS 156 what should I write in question-31 - which ask " Have you ever been refused US visa ? Yes or No?

Does replying yes will result in denial of H-1 Stampng? I work for reputed University in USA and already working there since last two yrs. I also have my I-140 approved and I-485 pending.

help from experienced members will solve my confusion.

thanks

Hi

I am planing to go for H-1B stampng in Mumbai some time in June/july.

I am confused about what to write in question-31 of DS 156 form.

I came here on student visa in Jan 2001 and currently h-1 approved (not stamped) since March 06.

When I orginally applied for student visa in Oct 2000 I was given probably 221 G. then I reappeared in Dec 2000 and my Student visa were granted.

So on my DS 156 what should I write in question-31 - which ask " Have you ever been refused US visa ? Yes or No?

Does replying yes will result in denial of H-1 Stampng? I work for reputed University in USA and already working there since last two yrs. I also have my I-140 approved and I-485 pending.

help from experienced members will solve my confusion.

thanks

Replying with a 'Yes - visa previously denied' should not be any grounds for a current visa refusal. I was once denied a visitor visa to the US from London 10 years ago (221). I have mentioned that in every application, and have not had any issues so far. If you do not report it, and it shows up in their system, that will create more problems for you.

Since you were eventually issued a visa, that should over-ride the previous refusal. Good luck.