DS 156 Q18 and Q36

SuperPrince

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

Thanks a lot for answering my questions in the previous thread.I have a couple of questions more..can you guys please answer these

These questions are for DS 156 for my wife's application

Q 18)Spouses Full Name(Even if divorced or seperated,Include maiden name)
Does it mean that i write my name including my surname ...i got confused with include maiden name in there

Q36)Has Anyone ever filed an immigration Visa petition on your behalf
We filed for I485,so for my wife's application i checked in Yes and wrote Spouse,derivative...is this correct and in my form i gave my company's name.

My Visa expires on Aug 31,2004 and since they have the condition of not to send 60 days before the expiration date,i am planning to send our passports on July 1st by next day service so that it reaches by July 2nd.It would be exactly 60 days,would this be ok.

Thanks once again
Super Prince

SuperPrince said:
Hi guys

Thanks a lot for answering my questions in the previous thread.I have a couple of questions more..can you guys please answer these

These questions are for DS 156 for my wife's application

Q 18)Spouses Full Name(Even if divorced or seperated,Include maiden name)
Does it mean that i write my name including my surname ...i got confused with include maiden name in there
--She should write YOUR full name as on your passport or Visa sticker
Q36)Has Anyone ever filed an immigration Visa petition on your behalf
We filed for I485,so for my wife's application i checked in Yes and wrote Spouse,derivative...is this correct and in my form i gave my company's name.
------ I-140 is Immigration petition, I hope I-140 was filed for YOU not for Her, she has to say NO, on cover letter she can explain that for item 36 that she has filed derivativeI-485 application to adjust status and I-485 was filed for her husband. she should sign the cover letter with her name and address

My Visa expires on Aug 31,2004 and since they have the condition of not to send 60 days before the expiration date,i am planning to send our passports on July 1st by next day service so that it reaches by July 2nd.It would be exactly 60 days,would this be ok.
--that is OK, FYI DOS has extended the date till 16 July, check the DOS site
Thanks once again
Super Prince