DS-156 errors and corrections!

kst1

Registered Users (C)
With the new online appointment system thru VFS, one has to fill in the DS-156 also before the appointment is finalized. If later on one realizes that an error has been made while filling out the form, what course of action can be taken? Since, the form is generated with its unique barcode, how can the errors be corrected? is there a provision that one can fill out a new DS-156 with the correct information? Any help is appreciated!

kst1
Just modify the form with the corrections and a new barcoded form will be generated and take it for the interview. Fields 15 onwards are changeable. Finally when you go to the consulate if your form with new barcode is scanned it will have new info. Nothing to worry, I dont have corrections but I have added info like spouse etc since I got married after taking appt. Hope this helps.

Thanks! Yes, I did make the necessary changes and printed out a new form with the barcode.

DS 156 error correction at VFS site

I have already confirmed appt at VFS and I have to make little modification in my application form ds 156. can any one pls tell the procedure in details?

Thanks a lot

Ab_bos

Did you use the VFS site to make changes & re-generate the DS 156 pdf form?

I have rescheduled my appointment one using VFS. Now, I do not see the option to makes changes to the DS 156 form.

Is it necessary to use the VFS site to generate a new DS 156?

DS 156 fill in form is also available via link in the chennai consulate website.
However the barcode it generates is different from the one that is present in the VFS generated DS 156. In case of the VFS generated DS 156, the bar code is actually the receipt number..

Is it ok to generate a new DS 156 which has a totally new bar code..

thanks,