DS-156 /157 questions

soDamnCool

Registered Users (C)
hi all,
I have a question regarding ds-156 question where they ask about previous us visas issued.
the electronic form has space for writing only one date. In my case I have about 3 us visas issued to me in the past; how do i mention all of them? can i just mention the latest one.

-thanks
sdm

soDamnCool said:
hi all,
I have a question regarding ds-156 question where they ask about previous us visas issued.
the electronic form has space for writing only one date. In my case I have about 3 us visas issued to me in the past; how do i mention all of them?
can i just mention the latest one.
---- that will be OK
** you can also write a cover letter for the documents attached and mention in cover letter in bold that please see attached SHEET A for item #
on SHEET A write the item# and explain about your all Visa stamps and sign the SHEET A with your name and date and send with form.
-thanks
sdm

My visa was recently revalidated and I had the same situation. I wrote the details of the most recent visa.

good luck!

When i tried to fill in the electronic version of DS 156 , i get only the text field and no instructions and captions around it. Did anyone else found this issue?

Thanks

Visa Revalidation ends on July 6, 2004 file ASAP
http://www.immigration-law.com

06/11/2004: Report from Philly: State Department Terminates Visa Revalidation Services 07/06/2004

The U.S. Department of State disclosed today that the visa revalidation services will be ceased as of July 6, 2004. Any cases which are receipted by the date will be completed.
This web site already warned the immigrant community that DOS was planning to terminate this service because biometrics and interview issues relating to the homeland security. Those who need the revalidation should file as quickly as possible before this service disappears! This termnation notice will be published in the federal register shortly.

My husband has filef for I 485 two years ago. i was waiting ,to go for FTJ. but now i got a job and H1 b APPROVED(DOCTOR). i was not issued a visa in delhi, as the consular officer ,asked me for my husband's passport copy. i did not carry ,becuase i thought my H1 B has nothing to do with my husband's status in US. i was aksed to go BACK to chennai (as i belong to south india)
the problem started when the consular officer aske d about my husband.i told him ,he is in US. i marked "no " for husband's presence in US ,on DS156 form,because it says " YES , IF HUSBAND HAS PERMANENT RESIDENT OR US CITIZEN SHIP".
PLEASE COMMENT.
thank you

Issues with electronic version of DS156

Hi all,
I am applying for revalidating my visa as I am planning to go to india in Sept. I went to the url https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1 to fill up the online DS156. First of all this form is blank. I can see empty text boxes but not field names. After i fill the form and see the PDF version, I see all the country field values are blank. All other field values are shown as types. I went back and reselected the country names many times but it still shows blank. Any one is facing the same problem
Windows XP, Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 128bit

unlucky786 said:
Hi all,
I am applying for revalidating my visa as I am planning to go to india in Sept. I went to the url https://evisaforms.state.gov/ds156.asp?lang=1 to fill up the online DS156. First of all this form is blank. I can see empty text boxes but not field names. After i fill the form and see the PDF version, I see all the country field values are blank. All other field values are shown as types. I went back and reselected the country names many times but it still shows blank. Any one is facing the same problem

I could see all the selected country fields in the filled in application.

I am in same boat as you, all form labels are blank.

At DS-157 for Q-17 shall I start from Bachelor Degree or earlier? I know it is not harmful to mention from begining(may be from 10th grade) but I like to know what you guys are doing mostly(specially from someone already approved).
Thanks in advance.
oajnabi

The webpage was not showing because it was weekend and may be the Adobe server(or whatever they are using in the backend) was down. It is working fine now.
Someone mentioned the forms shows properly only during working hours. May be u want to try that also.

oajnabi said:
At DS-157 for Q-17 shall I start from Bachelor Degree or earlier? I know it is not harmful to mention from begining(may be from 10th grade) but I like to know what you guys are doing mostly(specially from someone already approved).
Thanks in advance.
oajnabi

it does say elementary school if I am not mistaken

In DS-156 for Q-30 the drop down is having H1B and H1B1 in the list. Which one we should use? I think it should be H1B even though in our Approval notice(I-797) under class it says 'H1B1'. But in stamped visa it is H1B. I think this is little confusing. Please share views on this.

Thanks,
oajnabi

Hi All,

I have few question regarding DS-156/DS-157

For DS-157

1. In column 3 what did they mean by native alphabet.
2. In column 9, How should I mention my visit to India. Do I need to mention only year of visit or duration also.
3. In column 12, do I need to mention exact dates of employment ?
4. In column 17, do I need to mention exact dates of attendence ? Is is fine if I mention after 12 grade.

For DS-156
1. In column 30, Do we need to mention all the previous visa or the last one.
2. in Column 29, how we enter multiple visit.

Thank you for your help.

hi,
can any one suggest requirements for visa revalidation potograph.is there any photograph requirements like i485?plz help.
thanks

Ds156 Bar code Electronic form

1) #8 (Other surname) & #9 (Other first name & middle name) Do we need to leave the field blank, or enter NONE? in electronic form

Last edited by a moderator:
b_sundar said:
1) #8 (Other surname) & #9 (Other first name & middle name) Do we need to leave the field blank, or enter NONE? in electronic form
-----Leave BLANK, dont write NONE, they will search for a name as NONE

WaitingOver said:
Hi All,

I have few question regarding DS-156/DS-157

For DS-157

1. In column 3 what did they mean by native alphabet.
---- you have to write your name in Native language after taking the print out, it can be in Hindi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telgu ,Punjabi language ( for Indians) write with black pen
2. In column 9, How should I mention my visit to India. Do I need to mention only year of visit or duration also.
--year
3. In column 12, do I need to mention exact dates of employment ?
-- better if you can
4. In column 17, do I need to mention exact dates of attendence ? Is is fine if I mention after 12 grade.
-- if you dont rember exact dates then attach SHEET A and write on Cover letter that please find SHEET A atachhed for item# then write the Item # on SHEET A and explain in detail, you must sign SHEET A with name and address
For DS-156
1. In column 30, Do we need to mention all the previous visa or the last one.
---attach the Sheet A and explain on it all US visa, first visa was issed in India by US consulate ..... second time US visa was issued......
2. in Column 29, how we enter multiple visit.
---- tick the M, or write on cover letter that your apply for Multipal entry visa
Thank you for your help.

Ds156

Thanks Ginnu.Should i leave all fields a blank that is not applicable like NationalIdentification number,Pager number or enter none except for name fields.