Drum roll.... RD 08/03 approved (Phew!)

GCdreamin

Registered Users (C)
Hello folks,

The fog has lifted, the eagle has landed.... the champagne has approached the lips!!!

Can't describe the delight, excitment, and relief at seeing my case approved on Mar 28th. It has been an excrutiatingly long, anxious, and painful wait. Not many can boast 600+ days, an accomplishment for the spirited folks. It takes fortitude to live with a situation where VSC approvals have raced past your RD by 4-5 months with no light ahead. Specially in this economic environment. I was also agonizing about potential transfer to local office 'cause my category is EB1-OR.
I'm sure those in the 540 day club are coming in for landing soon. For those that are still ways off -- hang in there, VSC approval is a streaming process. Pardon me for being philosophical -- even though I haven't posted much, I feel like a grand-daddy on this forum. Its been part of my daily routine now for almost a 10 months.

Thanks for all the info, sharing of experiences, etc. Thanks to Rajiv Khanna and Greaty-k. This forum and rupnet have been an excellent source of information.

My case is approved, but my wife's application has not yet been approved. Hopefully soon. Just called the AVM to confirm -- still has that stinkin' fringer printing message.

RD 08/03/2001
ND 09/26/01
FP 01/22/02
RFE 09/17/02 (empl letter, W2, paystubs)
RFE received 01/17/02
AD 03/28/03 (online message on Sun 03/30/03)
Category EB1, NJ.

Time to get shhloshed!!!

Thanks for the wishes. Likewise, wish you all the best too.

To answer the question, no I did not include all the RFE doc's at the time of filing my I-485 application, its not required. My sponsor's letter in the I-485 did include all the details requested in the RFE empl letter (job title, description, salary, future employment prospects, etc). But, W2 with tax return and paystubs were not. In my opinion, its VSC turning around and asking you to prove your employment status 'coz they delayed the processing beyong a year... Case in point, they wanted my 2001 tax return and latest paystub from 2002.

GCdreamin