Driving records

dougalted

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,
I am in the process collecting information for N400 interview. I have only recently applied so I have some time.

The question is, (Q1) when is one expected to get a record from DMV? After all, between the time you get your record and the day you go for interview there could be weeks or even months gap, so how does one prove they have a clean record all the way upto the interview day?

On a similar note, (Q2) even though I never got a ticket (speeding or parking violation or anything) I am still required to have this document from DMV, is that right?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe, and anyone can correct me if i'm wrong, that when you receive your interview letter stating the date of your interview, it'll list there any docs they want you to bring with you on your interview. i rarely see people on this forum bring their DMV records unless it was specified or they plan on using the docs to support their answer to the application. again, when you receive your letter, it'll have your date of interview. if you plan on bringing your DMV records, try to obtain them as close to the date of your interview as possible --provided you will get your records the same day you go to DMV. hope that helps.