Drivers License New York I-485

pyromatic

Hi, I just recieved my I-485 (Just a paper which states that my case is Pending), and I was wondering if I can go to my Long Island DMV and issue for a drivers license. I have a foreign passport and I have a valid SS#. If anyone can help please do. Thanks.

EDIT:
Woops sorry guys all I have is the I-797C form. Im not sure if i have the I-485 since everything is still pending.

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 2/18/04 If you live in New York and you dont have ur EAD Card or an Alien Residential Card do not bother even going to the DMV. You will waste your time like I did. You need to have a EAD Card or an Alien Residental Card because if you dont, they will not issue you a drivers license.

pyromatic said:
Update 2/18/04 If you live in New York and you dont have ur EAD Card or an Alien Residential Card do not bother even going to the DMV. You will waste your time like I did. You need to have a EAD Card or an Alien Residental Card because if you dont, they will not issue you a drivers license.

Really? But that's not what the dmv nyc sites says. What happen to your case. I dont understand.

I went today to get my I.D form the DMV and everything went great.
Even though my 1-94 is till 2008 they gave me the i.d till 2014. Belive it or not, they were so nice.....so I'am happy and rellifed i did the porcess and its over.... It took 2.5 hours....WOW..that was long!!!