Driver's License for Immigrants

CA driver license for spouse of citizen

Hello,
I am a US citizen, but my wife entered illegally four years ago. I have petitioned her for a green card and she has an Aproved Petition I-797 but is not eligible for a social security number (SSN) . Has anyone obtained a California driver license in with an I-797 and no social security number?

Any suggestions as to what she can do to get a driver license.

:confused:

Thanks

help

I came here on an I-94 but my visa has expired, i have my ssn#, and i have completed high school and on my last semester in college at UCF (Central Florida)....how do i go about obtaining my dl??? i'm look ing to start my career and its very necessary!! someone help me out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Obtaining a drivers license

Hello. Can you advise as to which US do not verify legal presence? I have a friend who is Brazilian (I believe she has a passport from both Brazil & Spain). which presence has expired? And if you could comment on what the risks maybe in going to a state where legal presence is not verified to obtain a DL.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I came here on an I-94 but my visa has expired, i have my ssn#, and i have completed high school and on my last semester in college at UCF (Central Florida)....how do i go about obtaining my dl??? i'm look ing to start my career and its very necessary!! someone help me out...

Did you find a way? ... check your private messages please.

Thanks

Originally Posted by rahflow

Did you find a way? ... check your private messages please.

Thanks

your i have same problem so can you give any solution

khurampk, InPursuit, rahflow, I am in the same position you are all in. I am in my last year of community college and I am trying to transfer by 08-09, but my problem is getting a DL. I have ss but my i-94 is expired. Is there a way to solve this?

I haven't find a solution yet, and to be honest, I don't think there is one. I've been doing research, talking to lawyers and looks like we're screwed. If you find any way to do this, please let us know. Use private messaging in this board, is confidential. Are you all in FL?

rahflow,

Please check you private messages... again.

I reside in California, yes we are basically screwed. We have the Dream Act or after college we can join the armed forces (serious thought of mind, I am under petition, and I dont want to wait for ever for it to pull through, by then my skills would probably be obsolete by then)., so in that way we serve a purpose and do a cause for this country. I read about eb-1 visas (look it up). Anyone have any other ideas? Don't lose hope, just hug it tight for now.