Driver's license after GC valid for just one year?

I live in Atlanta suburb, when I went to renew in Apr 2008, they give me one year DL (even with green card). When I asked why, I was told that "to keep track of people like y'all". Came home and wrote a complaint to DMV. They sent me a letter saying inquiry is being held.
The DMV HQ person apologized and said that due to a recent GA law, they have a SAVE program and their systems are not linked with USCIS, so they cannot verify validity of GC. They said they are making arrangements to fix this and once fixed, they will sent a letter to home asking to come and get a 5 year DL.
I am still waiting.

I live in Atlanta suburb, when I went to renew in Apr 2008, they give me one year DL (even with green card). When I asked why, I was told that "to keep track of people like y'all".
A racist. I hope you put their name or badge number in your complaint.

No opinion here, Just my personal experience.
I have had drivers licence isued from RI ( 91- 94) MA (94 -99), MD (99-00), PA (00- 04, renewed 04-09) Not once in any of these states was I ever asked for my passport or immigration Status. All I have ever presented was a utility bill (to prove that I live in the state) and my SS card (My SS# was issued in 91, so it DOES NOT have any endorsment on it like "not valid for employment without INS authorization".
Infact I was on an F-1 in RI, H-1 in MA, MD and PA.

Each state has their own rules. Some don't care about your immigration status, and most didn't before 9/11. But these days, each year more and more states begin to require proof of status.

As mentioned before in the Forum, DL is a State matter so each state is different. I am sure things are changing, Although my 2004 renewal was after 9/11. Honestly I was myself surprised that they did not ask em for anything except my old PA licence. Come to think about it thats all they asked, not even Utility Bill or SS#. I walked in filled in the application, They took my old licence , took my picture and gave me my new Licence Valid till 2009. I shall see what happens when I have to renew in 2009, maybe they will give me a 1 yr DL like the folks in GA.

Rules changed in GA as of Jan 2008. My previous renewal was with my GC and got full 4 years. My current renewal was for 1 year due to a GA state law requirement and systems mismatch between GA and USCIS.

No opinion here, Just my personal experience.
I have had drivers licence isued from RI ( 91- 94) MA (94 -99), MD (99-00), PA (00- 04, renewed 04-09) Not once in any of these states was I ever asked for my passport or immigration Status. All I have ever presented was a utility bill (to prove that I live in the state) and my SS card (My SS# was issued in 91, so it DOES NOT have any endorsment on it like "not valid for employment without INS authorization".
Infact I was on an F-1 in RI, H-1 in MA, MD and PA.

I have been here as long as you and I have never been asked for immigrations status either. i get the same duration that the citizens get