Driver's licence

ton_ton

Registered Users (C)
If you're in 485 as we all are with or without EAD, how do you extend your CA driver's licence. Mine is expiring soon.

It took me more than a year to get a picture id 3 years back. They gave me a piece of paper as DL and I had a H1 at that time. Now no H1. What docs do they need at our stage? Any experience with this?

thank you

try using new AP if u have 1

I am in AZ and in the same boat too. My DL was issued based on 1st EAD (for a year). No I have applied for EAD extension and waiting. However, I am plaiining to take my new 2nd AP and try again. If they refuse, I will ask my lawyer on what needs to be done.

They should give DL based on EAD. How does it matter if it is the first EAD or second/third EAD? Actually, some sates have a provision where you can request DL issued beyond the date your EAD/H1 expires. You have to explain the case and the decisions are made on a case to case basis.

Check out your state's Department of Motor Vehicle's web site.

2 ways to do this

1. Wait for DMV to reply to you for renewal if your address is correct. I got a renewal (I Live in LA) through a DMV reminder.
2. Go to the local DMV office take a form and fill it up and give it there and then. Rememeber to take a photocopy of ur DL.

I'm in NV and last month my DL expired. DMV sent me a renewal form, I renewed it online. No hassle...

Got the new Sticker to stick on the back side of my existing DL in about 4 days. Problem solved...

May be CA also has a similar process... online renewal...
Standing in line at the DMV sucks...

-junior