driver licence for asylum seeker in Pennsylvania

messi28

Registered Users (C)
hi i have a question about the driver license for the asylum applicant like me cause i send my I-589 a month ago and still waiting for my interview notice please if anyone can tell me i f i can ask for driver license here in Pennsylvania cause in there web site i saw that an asylum applicant can get a driver licence if hi can bring these documents with him ?

Asylum Applicant YES

✦ Social Security Card, or letter from SSA indicating that SSA did not make a decision yet, or SSA rejection letter
✦ 2 proofs of residency
✦ Administrative asylum receipt with a notice of a hearing in removal proceedings, a Board of Immigrations Appeals receipt, or a Federal Court receipt
✦ One of the following:
• Employment Authorization Card I-766
• Government issued identity document from person’s country with photograph
• Current or Expired Passport

please if any one has an experience with this situation

thanks .

Hello there
iam still waiting for my EAD card to apply for a driver licenses
if you still in status you might be able to get a driver licenses with expiry date on that status till the asylum move on
regards

Hello there
iam still waiting for my EAD card to apply for a driver licenses
if you still in status you might be able to get a driver licenses with expiry date on that status till the asylum move on
regards

thanks bro that's what i'm going to do maybe i can because i still in status.

You cant get a DL until you are granted! You need a Social Security Number.

thanks for your response my friend but i think the law here in Pennsylvania is not like Cali because a lot of people can get a driver license without having SSN

you can see here for the documents that an asylum applicant need for driver license

✦ Social Security Card, or letter from SSA indicating that SSA did not make a decision yet, or SSA rejection letter

so even a rejection letter in some cases it will be enough in some states.

i believe the fast route would be using your current status to get driver license then once you have your work permit in 180 days or so
you can apply for temp ssn and get a driver license i had oregon id with my status and it expired all you need to is an address with lease or a room mate which goes with you and sign that you live there along with electric bill on his name or what ever and your passport along with the visa and the expiry date on it
all the good luck

The only state you can get a DL without a SSN is in Washington!

thanks for your response my friend but i think the law here in Pennsylvania is not like Cali because a lot of people can get a driver license without having SSN

you can see here for the documents that an asylum applicant need for driver license

so even a rejection letter in some cases it will be enough in some states.

You can get a driver license even if you don't have SSN -in most states-. You just need a letter of ineligibility from the social security office.