Dreaded RFE received. Gurus please help.

groovyrocks

Registered Users (C)
i am a physician who was working for hospital A in new york. Labor certification approved thru this hospital. Switched jobs to another hospital B in texas 15 months after filing for I485.

Need a license to start work in texas which takes 6 months. will get it next week and will move to texas to start work in april.

meantime i was working for another hospital C in new york to support myself and family. it was a full time job and i was paid hourly and received a 1099 for it this year. All my paychecks have only my salary but no tax deductions mentioned on them.

Received RFE for employer letter and last two month paychecks.

I have a letter from both employers with my hire date, salary and the fact that i will be starting work in texas in april. Should I send both letters?

can i send the paychecks from hospital B in new york without the tax deductions?

I have 3 months to reply to RFE. Should i join hospital C in texas get a few paychecks and then reply to RFE?

What AC21 rules am I breaking if any?

Any other advice will be very helpful............Thanks
RD March 28,2002 VSC
ND April 13,2002
EAC0216050xxx

GC is about permanent job. You can use AC21 with a permanent job only. The simple definition of permanent job is no 1099 and no time limit on job offer letter.
So your current job letter and paystubs may not help. Since you have new job starting April- get a few pay stubs from there and a perm job letter from them and then reply RFE. The RFE is a standard RFE and you have no reason to be alarmed. Actually RFE is generally considered a sign of a quick/imminent approval.
Your lawyer also should be providing input.
HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Groovyrocks,
I have a question for u.
I am a physician in NY, my 485 is LC based.
As u may be aware, NY Education Deptt issues a 3 yr Limited License with extensions and this means one can work only in an Undeserved Area. The permanent License comes afer obtaining GC.
So when u joined Hospital B , is it in a HPSA?
i want to relocate but am stuck with limitations of the License.
Thanks in advancefor ur reply.

the hospital is not a HPSA. i was working on a limited permit and you are only allowed 3 years on it with no extensions.

which is why i took the job in texas as my time was going to be over september 2004 and i was not sure when this GC was going to come thru.