Doubts on DS-156

oajnabi

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
In the process of sending my passport for revalidation finally I printed the electronic version of the form with barcode. But some of the fields are 'not applicable'(mainly phone nos.) to me and I could not able to put 'N/A' on those fields as rejected while validating. So I left those fields blank. As per DS website instruction we have to fillup each field. Do I need to write 'N/A' by hand or I can leave those blank? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
oajnabi

Ds-156

u have to write N/A or None . Donot leave blank see any other form like i-485 or i-140 they say write N/A or None . i wrote with hand it as
"-----" but in I-485 they clearly wrote if not applicable write it as "None"
unfortunately in DS-156 it was not mentioned what is to be done in this type of fileds and it does not give any option on the pdf file . i had put a single bar
"-----" in the middle of the box with hand.
Donot leave blank

oajnabi said:
Hi,
In the process of sending my passport for revalidation finally I printed the electronic version of the form with barcode. But some of the fields are 'not applicable'(mainly phone nos.) to me and I could not able to put 'N/A' on those fields as rejected while validating. So I left those fields blank. As per DS website instruction we have to fillup each field. Do I need to write 'N/A' by hand or I can leave those blank? Please advise.

Thanks in advance.
oajnabi

Thanks for the reply. Yes it is very unfortunate that there is no clear instruction regarding this. I am going to put 'N/A' to each blank field. Hope everything will be OK and acceptable. Please let me know if anybody else having any other suggestion/comments.

Thanks,
oajnabi