Doubt on air ticket

documentuma

Hi all,

My parents are trying to book ticket in Lufthansa in May with open return ticket.
But the travel agent said there is no open return ticket they will give only on some date. I Just want to know Is Lufthansa giving open return ticket or not?

I really appreciate ur replies.
Thanks

documentuma said:
Hi all,

My parents are trying to book ticket in Lufthansa in May with open return ticket.
But the travel agent said there is no open return ticket they will give only on some date. I Just want to know Is Lufthansa giving open return ticket or not?

I really appreciate ur replies.
Thanks

The travel agent is right. You have to give them some date, but you can change it later. This depends on the category of ticket you buy. If the category does not allow, then you have pay $75 per ticket per change. But with lufthansa, they can give tickets only for 4 months of validity. We had to pay $75 for my in-law's tickets when ever we wanted to change.

If you are planning on extending their visa for more than 6 months, I would suggest getting it with british airways. Since they change it for free and for 1 year, I extended my mother's ticket for 6 months, so now we dont have any problem to change her ticket to any date subject to availability.

Hope it helps.

Baski555

My suggestion is based on our experience we had recenly. Please check with them directly.