Double Passport for Travel

a.ruizwahli

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody long time ago I posted regarding my past issue with my B2 visa , extension L1-B and cancellation of the same process.

My lawyer contact me and told me my current VISA B1/B2 was cancelled since I didnt finished the process for the L1-B and I left the united states only 10 days after my I-94 expired but under my extension paid to the USCIS. Now he told me if I want to go back to USA as a tourist I need to apply for a new visa at my country consulate. I left Usa in December past year and it have been more than 6 months Im out of USA. I plan go back as vacations in October ,now since I dont have my 10 years visa anymore since the cancellation fo the same , Im not sure to go back to the consulate and apply for new one , since I carry a Swiss passport. I didnt use my swiss passport to travel to usa since 2001 , i always been traveling with my B2 visa since I paid for it and it was 10 years visa validity.Now that I do not carry the visa anymore , If I go back to USA with my documents of my extensions I paid and i never overstayed and I use my swiss passport can be that a problem? I currently planning to quit my other nationality and Keep my Swiss citizenship as well , I need an advice in thise case since the lawyer doesnot let me know clear the situation. My Swiss carry the Waiver program and I have been never rejected with that or the other one , my only problem was my compnmay in my country was applying for my L1-B that due health problems I had to go back to my country and Could not finish the process and it was cancelled , but i stayed 10 days under the extension but Im worried an confused.
Thank you.

You can re-enter the U.S. from countries where the US ports allows to enter extended visa or using an expired visa. If you are a citizen of one of these countries you must have a valid F-1 or J-1 visa. Not sure whether Switzerland falls under that category.

The thing here is , Last year I went with my 6 month club visa on the peruvian passport. My company in Peru wich is familia based company wanted me to stay to take duties in a new compnay over there. So They made a petition for and L1-B fro me and my minor child. before my authorized status expired. Everything was done correctly , but something I dindt know , is my curren 6 month visa will be void while you apply for a change of status. My authorization stay expired on novmber 28 2010. But I was under the Lawful presence in the united states undee the USCIS waiting approval or denying. The issue was I had to depart from usa 10 days later ion December 8 beacuse I had a problem with my health since I had a surgery and then company problems so wthey could not finish the pettion by that time. My lawyer in Florida told me my visa was void , but I could use my swiss passportto go back to usa if I wish to go on vacations , but he suggested me to re-apply for a new visa. I hold all the documents that prove all Im saying and I will be applying for a new visa , my visa was 10 years and was going to expire on 2013 , my chikld visa was approved last year and was issued for 5 years Now its void. I was to get back my tourist visa again. The question is , If for some reason , my application for a B1/B2 visa is denied at the consulate in Peru , I still have my swiss passport for travel , I already applied for the ESTA and was approved. I plan to go for vacations on october , but Im afraid at the POE , will they deny me the entry? I never vioalted any law. Can I use my swiss passport if I cant get a visa on my peruvian passport? What can I expect? I need to clear my mind with this , my lawyer isnt clear with this , he only said , if ur ESTA is approved you should go on ur swiss. Any advice? Thank you

I forgot to say , That the petition for the L1-B was withdrawl and it became nagative as so there is no current process for it.