EB2 Category

I-485 applns (both mine & my wife\'s) got transferred to LA LOCAL OFFICE
my xfer:04/04/02
my wife:03/27/02
wife got EAD(applied for her only) no AP

got interview appointment letters

wife:06/26/02 (today)
mine:09/09/02

we went for the intw with all the docs ..they made us wait for an hour and a half , made us shuttle betn 6th & 8th floors finally after asking whatz the deal they said they r waiting for xfer of file from 6th to 8th floor..finally one officer came and took us to her office..

* she asked if i had my intvw done ..when i said that mine is scheduled for 09/09/02 she checked in her computer by A# and said unless my appln is processed they won\'t process my wife\'s..then i asked her why did they call her for intvw..she didn\'t have an answer for that ..she said just like that they send intvw letters without checking for relationship betn applns..so stupid of them !!! then i asked her why don\'t she intvw me now itself as i hav all the docs and then my wife later today itself..for that she said they have to check abt my company and my work related details so we got to come on 09/09/02 itself..i asked what for is I-140 process ( supposed to be abt company & work process)..she didn\'t have an answer..finally we had to return back ...so much for interview ..BS

* another thing is as we don\'t have AP , we were planning for india trip in july 12th bcos we have valid H1 & H4 stamping , they said we hav to hav AP for travel once u hav applied for I-485 AOS..we can travel & come back but we\'ll hav to start the process from scratch...don\'t know whatz the deal with AP..

ur help & expertise is greatly appreciated..

thanks

Which local office your case is transferred to ?

Hope in next visit both (you and your wife) of you will
have your passports stampped after interview.

Good luck to you

KP

Natural, sorry for the time waste because of the stupidity of the local INS.

I think the purpose of the interview is to double check if you are qualified. So in most the cases, they will check your employment status again.

I do not think you need AP to travel unless you have used your EAD. That is my understanding.

No Title

You definitely can use H-1 to travel during AOS. I did that many times. Do you know the reason that your files were transferred to LA office? I also live in CA and applied with TSC. It was probably the biggest mistake I have made.