DOT & O*NET-SOC Code!!! Help!

absorbtion

Registered Users (C)
Is this a true statement that two jobs are similar if they have the same DOT & O*NET-SOC Codes and also are same level???

One of my best friend needs to make a decision about a job change no later than this Friday. He is a mechanical engineer now, doing 80% design work and 20% process, his new job offer has the SAME title, mechanical engineer, but will do more numerical analysis work with softwares and add some quality control work. Both jobs have the same job title and same O*NET-SOC Code. the new job offer has 10k more. Are they similar???

His own lawyer suggests him stay with current employer until I485 gets approved to be safe, another lawyer said he should be ok if change the job. (his I140 approved, and I485 passed 180 days).

Please give your opitions! Help!!!

Different DOT Code

I changed job using AC21 and the job titles were different. Based on the job titles, the DOT codes were also different.
But my job description was exactly the same as it was in the labor. My I-485 got approved last month.
I think if the job title and job description are same then it should not be problem.
But it's your call.
Good luck!!!