DOS sent back H1 Revalidation-Plz Help me

littleindia

Registered Users (C)
Hi Forum,

First of all let me say about myself, iam new to this forum and appreciate all the feedback and replies. Below mentioned is about me in detail.

I have worked in India and traveled to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) on a visit Visa to train some of our clients resources in the year 2000 and was there for about 3 to 4 months.

I came to US in Feb 2001 on H1B with X employer with passport stamping valid till oct 2003.

After two years I had an offer from another company Y, So I applied for an H1B transfer in DEC 2002 and my H1B got approved till end of OCT 2005.

Since my visa was expiring in OCT 2003, I had sent my passport with all the necessary documentation to Department of State st.Louis in SEPT 2003.

I got back my passport from DOS Wachington DC in DEC 2003, saying that..

"Your application is not clearly approvable at this time. Per regulations, you require a personal interview with a consular officer. you must apply for a new visa overseas at a US consulate or Emabassy that processes NonImmigrant visa applications."

Q1: Is there any particular reason why my application was not approvable? If anybody faced the same situation then i appreciate to deligate the situation and how you the solved the problem.

Q2: Before I came to this country, I was working in India and traveled to Dubai (United Arab Emirates) on a visit Visa to train some of our clients resources in the year 2000 and was there for about 3 to 4 months. After coming to US, I even traveled to canada in the year 2002 on a visit visa to visit my relatives for 3 days. Is this could be any of the reasons for my application not approvable?

Q3: Do I have to go back to my own country for visa revalidation or can I go to canada or Mexico, since these countries are closer and time saving for me, i would like to know the pros and cons and afcourse the success rate ?

Thanks in advance and appreciate replies

little india in trouble...Help me... :confused:

Details

1. wHAT did you put in DS 157 form.

Did you mention
oct 2002 UAE - Employment

or just Oct 2002.

2. You are from which country.

3. After set 11, 2001 did you travel outside and entered USA.

These answers will help us. to find why they send back ur passport.

Reply back.

Hi Chen78,

Basically Im from India.

In my DS I57 form , in the column "List all the countries visited last ten years" , I mentioned as...

UAE 2000
USA 2001
CANADA 2002

After I came to US in 2001 , I traveled to canada in March 2002 ona visit visa for 3 days to visit my uncle and came back to US and did not visit any country after that.