dora pilot program

slim_ting23

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know more about the DORA program. Presently living out of Texas and interested in applying through Dora. Will be getting Married to a USC shortly but would like some advice if it's wise to move to Texas to expedite the green card process. Would appreciate any reponse and advice. Does it make a big difference if I never lived in Dallas Texas ? Do I have to submit alot of proof that I'm living in texas? Please advice :confused:

slim_ting23 said:
Hi everyone,
I'm curious to know more about the DORA program. Presently living out of Texas and interested in applying through Dora. Will be getting Married to a USC shortly but would like some advice if it's wise to move to Texas to expedite the green card process. Would appreciate any reponse and advice. Does it make a big difference if I never lived in Dallas Texas ? Do I have to submit alot of proof that I'm living in texas? Please advice :confused:

Hi slim_ting23,
Regards,
Here is our Experience with DORA @ Dallas today:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=183621
I hope this helps!
Regards,
Piyalove
--------
07 Mar 2005 : Arrived in USA on B1/B2 Visa (6 months stay)
13 Apr 2005 : Married my Piya in Dallas
05 Jun 2005 : Scheduled appointment with DORA @ infopass
25 July 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC

pi

Hi, guys we are not lucky . We were interviewed on July 21, 2005 for I-485 and I-130. Received receipt on August 10, But our receipt for I-485 says "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOITMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

I tried to call 1-8000375-5283 and asked to set up a figure print appointment for my mom. On the phone, customer service asked me to read the form I-797 to him. Since the form says that my mom should wait for appointment notice, the customer service refused to set up the appointment for my mom at all.

I am wondering what does your receipts says about FP? Can anyone please tell me? Thanks

jinjing21 said:
Hi, guys we are not lucky . We were interviewed on July 21, 2005 for I-485 and I-130. Received receipt on August 10, But our receipt for I-485 says "USCIS WILL SCHEDULE YOUR BIOMETRICS APPOITMENT. You will be receiving an appointment notice with a specific time, date and place where you will have your fingerprints and/or photos taken."

I tried to call 1-8000375-5283 and asked to set up a figure print appointment for my mom. On the phone, customer service asked me to read the form I-797 to him. Since the form says that my mom should wait for appointment notice, the customer service refused to set up the appointment for my mom at all.

I am wondering what does your receipts says about FP? Can anyone please tell me? Thanks

Hi jinjing21,
The NOA C-797 said the same thing that USCIS will contact me for FP/Bio etc. But being inspired by meers (a member on this portal) I decided to do walk-in. Read more info here:

Good News @ ASC Dallas for FP/Bio
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=184403

May be USCIS is trying a new procedure to do FP/Bio etc.

I hope this helps,

Good Luck!
Piyalove
--------
07 Mar 2005 : Arrived in USA on B1/B2 Visa (6 months stay)
13 Apr 2005 : Married my Piya in Dallas
05 Jun 2005 : Scheduled appointment with DORA @ infopass
25 July 2005: Appointment @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
25 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-485
29 July 2005 : (Day 05) NOA Processed - I-130
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
01 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130
24 Sept 2005 : (Day 62) FP/Bio Appointment - NOT NEEDED NOW!
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) Walk-in FP/Bio Done @ Dallas ASC
02 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) FP/Bio Received
04 Aug 2005 : (Day 09) AOS Processing started

Piyalove, you already had the appointment but you didn't wait until september that is why you did walk in, in the case of jingjing21 he doens't have an appointment at all.

Hi Piyalove,
I've been reading your posts about DORA (thank you so much, they've really helped a lot) and I was wondering whether you had any news???
Hope everything goes ok for you and everyone else on this forum!

*hugs*

Dreamer_tx said:
Hi Piyalove,
I've been reading your posts about DORA (thank you so much, they've really helped a lot) and I was wondering whether you had any news???
Hope everything goes ok for you and everyone else on this forum!

*hugs*

Hi Dreamer_tx,
What news? Please explain!
Regards,
Piyalove

Thanks, Pilyalove.

I tried to call and setup an appoitment but customer service refused to setup for me. He told me that I have to wait otherwise USCIS will void my mom's application.

So does your status online changed to finger print received or not?

This morning, I send a letter to Dallas USCIS office and ask they to check whether there is anything wrong with my Mom's case.

Here is my timeline. Our inverview date was only 3 days ahead of you.

21 July 2005 : (Day 01) Forms submitted @ DORA Dallas
21 July 2005 : (Day 01) Interview for 5 minutes
27 July 2005 : (Day 07) NOA Processed - I-485
27 July 2005 : (Day 07) NOA Processed - I-130
10 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-485
10 Aug 2005 : (Day 08) Received NOA - I-130

NOA/FP notice

I filed for my mom's GC via DORA on Sept 12th. The I-130/I-485 applications were received on Sept 20th and I got the NOAs for both by last Friday. The I-797C NOA says that USCIS will send me the appt information for fingerprinting.

Based on what I had seen on this forum, I called up the NSC and they gave me an appointment for Oct. 25th. This person did not make me read out the NOA, but I told him that when the application was approved by the Officer, I got a letter saying that I need to contact the NSC for an appointment.

I am thinking of doing a walk-in day after (09/29) and see if they will take my mom's fingerprints. Is there anyone who has had a bad experience with doing FP earlier than asked? I do not want to run into any hitches here.

Do let me know what your experiences have been. Piyalove, meers, have you got your green cards now? Anyone else got their GC earlier than 90 days having done a walk-in for FP?

Thanks for your responses in advance,
chhotani