DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

Allswell,
Here is the summery of the letter.
We have initialted the process to complete your I485. Unfortunately it does not appear the the service will be able to complete your case within 90 days. You are eligble to apply for EAD.
Than it goes on telling you where to go and whom to report to. It also has a schedule date and time.
I will go there just to find out why they can't complete my case.

Dora interview in august

Hello everybody

I had my interview and filling for DORA August 13 2007 in the Dallas office , it is Sept 12 and I did not hear anything back from them no notice of action , no Finger print notice ..

Please if anybody filled in august , let me know if you received anything so far

Thanks

hi all

I have received the ASC appointment letter and Receipt for mu I-485,I-190 but i don't know how to check updates online. i only see a reciept number start with MSC but when i try to use the MSC number it give me error. Can someone help with issue

It takes a while before they put the case online. My case showed up the day after my FP. Now, that i have the 70th day letter, I hope it doesn't really take longer than 90 days. Does anyone have any updates for Dora filed in June?

Can someone explian meaning of RD,NOA etc.. i have no clue what it mean..
i had my interview in june 23rd but i recived Finger print notice for 8/22

hi abba114
When u go to dallas local office with the 70 day letter, they will not let you check the status of your I485/130, it's for EAD or AP only; To check your case status (see if the name check is done), you better make an infopass appointment online before the date on your 70 day letter......

hope it helps...

Post my timeline and some:

Feb.8 2007, interview & filing
Feb.27, 2007 485/130 receipt in the mail
March.9, 2007 Finger Print
Apr. 26, 2007 70 day letter
May.10, 2007 Dallas local office, file for EAD & AP, got AP onsite (have to wait for two hours), been told will receive EAD finger print notice within 10 days
May.17, 2007 EAD receipt in the mail, but no FP notice
June.21, 2007 Infopass appointment at dallas local office, check case status, they told me my namecheck has been cleared in mid-May, so i should get my GC soon, cant check my EAD status, coz its not been filed 90 days yet
Aug. 31, 2007 Infopass appointment at dallas local office, again, this time, they check the status of both my 485 and EAD application; and the officer (very nice woman) called the office that was processing my case and spoke to a supervisor there, they said they have already reviewed my case, and everything seems fine, I should get GC very soon (within three weeks)
Sep.13, 2007 notice in email, GC production ordered (a little more than three weeks since last appointment)

Some:
1. my online profile only updated after i got my first FP, then when my GC production was ordered, nothing in between

2. have to make Infopass appointment to check the file status, can get a lot more info than online profile, they can tell u if the namecheck has been cleared

3. if "they" think your GC application will be finalized soon, they will simply stop processing your EAD application. That was my case, the local officer told me so. I never got my EAD FP notice in the mail, till today, which was supposed to arrive within 10 days of my application.

4. with 70 day letter, u can only apply for EAD or /and AP, to check the case status, make Infopass appointment; although it is the same office/location, really stupid rules.....

thanks Chittybon,
your info really helps. Today, I got an email saying that my EAD had been approved!!!So I am wondering, if I go to the appointment stated on the 70th day letter, can I ask them if my name has been clear or not?

abba114,
At least for me, they did not let me check my case status at all when I show up with the 70 day letter. Since u already got your EAD approved, and if u will not apply for AP, simply ignore the 70 day letter, and make an infopass appointment ( it's easy and u dont have to wait that long, around a week or less if u are not picky about appt time).....They will tell you your Name check status. Oh, I forgot, you can ONLY check case status after 90 days.....so wait a little longer.....

good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
hello everybody
pls lets keep )this blog alive.just post any information u have or any update or even how ur jobhunt is going(for those who have work permit already).it might help somebody.

hello,
I just got a LUD on my EAD today...

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I hope I can see the same message soon for my GC!!!

hello,
I just got a LUD on my EAD today...

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On September 18, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I hope I can see the same message soon for my GC!!!

Hi:

I thought I'd say hi to everyone going through DORA now. From reading your posts, it really seems as if the program has slowed down somewhat. However, one does get a distorted view of it by just reading posts at this forum, because many people who are approved quickly do not post.

Best of luck to everyone ---- it will almost certainly eventually come through.

hi abba114
Congrats ,atleast u have something at hand. lets know how the jobhunt will go

hi pianoplayer
i don`t really think DORA has slowed down ,i think is either the blog slowed down or not much people on the site

my timeline

07/02/07--(day1) Filling and interview date
07/09/07--(day7) RD I-485 and I-130
07/18/07--(day16) ND I-485 and I-130
07/23/07--(day21) NOA FP
08/01/07--(day30) LUD I-130(only visible in my logged in portfolio and on case status it says case received and pending)
08/07/07--(day36) FP@ASC(11.00am)
08/07/07--(day36) LUD I-485(only visible in my logged in portfolio and on case status it says case received and pending)
09/20/07--(day80) still no Approval letter or any 70th day letter.so i`m still waiting and hoping to get it done by the 90th day
10/09/07--(day92) infopass(email from Chris and online status changed to card production ordered)
10/12/07--welcome letter recieved
10/16/07--Current Status: Approval notice sent.

Advance Parole questions

Hello:

Could someone educate me what is the procedure to obtain Advance Parole in DORA process. I have complete the DORA interview and FP (timeline posted below).

1. When can I apply for AP? I plan to travel in Dec.
2. What is a 70 day letter? Does USCIS send it to all applicants?
3. Do I need to wait for any documentation from USCIS to apply for AP?
4. How many weeks/months to obtaining AP from the time of filing AP?

Thanks in advance for your help in answering my queries.

My timeline:

7/19/07 - DORA Interview
7/28/07 - RD I-485, I-130
8/07/07 - Checks cashed
8/11/07 - FP notice
8/28/07 - ND I-485, I-130
8/30/07 - FP @ ASC

Hi everyone
Here is my time line
6/18/07 (Day 01) DORA Interview
6/29/07 (Day 11) RD I-485;
7/24/07 (Day 36) FP at Westmoreland
FBI cleared name same day
8/01/07 Last LUD
9/20/07 Infopass Dallas, was told application need final approval? expect GC 2nd week october?
Good Luck everyone

Hi abbas123
did u get the 70 day letter and did they tell u that u will get the GC in 2nd week of october?

Hello:

Could someone educate me what is the procedure to obtain Advance Parole in DORA process. I have complete the DORA interview and FP (timeline posted below).

1. When can I apply for AP? I plan to travel in Dec.
2. What is a 70 day letter? Does USCIS send it to all applicants?
3. Do I need to wait for any documentation from USCIS to apply for AP?
4. How many weeks/months to obtaining AP from the time of filing AP?

Thanks in advance for your help in answering my queries.

hi dora_applicant
i don`t really know much about the AP but the 70 days letter is the letter that the USCIS writes u to let u know that they are unable to finish ur case within the 90 days period and they also will also give u an appointment to file for EAD.Not every body gets it.

No allswell, I didn't get any 70day letter. They said I will get GC in mail in 2nd week of October but I dont know as they still have to "approve" it. I thought you get approved the day of your interview and everything else is pending FBI name check.