DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

Dallas DORA July filing

Hi:

Here is my timeline:

DORA interview ie. filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 - 07/19/07
Receipt Date: Awaiting
checks cashed: Awaiting
FP Appointment : Awaiting

Anyone who had DORA interviews in Dallas during July please share your timelines.

regards

Hi:

There is an update to my timeline:

DORA interview ie. filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 - 07/19/07 (day 0)
checks cashed: 07 Aug 2007 (day 19)
Receipt Date: Awaiting
FP Appointment : Awaiting

Anyone who had DORA interviews in Dallas during July please share your timelines.

regards

Hi All,
below is my timeline thru DORA. I just got my FP done today. I hope it doesn't take too long to clear my name.

Hello:

There is an update to my DORA timeline:

DORA interview @ Dallas ie. filed I-130, I-485 and I-765 - 07/19/07 (day 0)
checks cashed: 07 Aug 2007 (day 19)
Receipt Date: ???? (Maybe USCIS send it to my Lawyer)
FP Appointment notice: 11 Aug 2007 (Day 23)

Regards

Re:DORA interview

Hi dora_applicant,
I have recently joined this forum, and I am a USC ready to apply AOS for my wife thru DORA. I got lots of info from this thread reg. timelines, name check,etc. However, I didn't see any info reg. content of the interview, what kind of questions,etc. Can you elaborate on that?

thanks.

Hi aos_imm_app:

I suppose the reason U don't find much info regarding the interview is that each case is very subjective as everyone's case is different.

Anyways the general interview process is for the adjudicator to determine the bonafide of the marriage. Myself and spouse had a very pleasent interview experience. We were asked questions on the following topics

1. how myself and spouse got to know each other?
2. What visa status did the beneficary enter the country? This question is to determine if the beneficary break/circumvent the law to immigrate?
2. visa status of the petitioner/applicant when we met & at the time of marriage.
3. Was it an arranged marraige or marriage thro' dating?
4. Where did we get married? The proof's for the same.

Many more such questions were posted to us to validate the bonefide of our marriage and to make sure we did not break/circumvent the law.

Hope this helps

Regards

Starting to get scared........

Day 90 - no news yet!

I applied and had my DORA interview around the 10th of May. When I check online, it says they got my application on the 15th of may, I had my finger printing on the 13th of June and since then I have not heard anything.

I am way past the 70 day letter period, is that a good sign? Today is day 90 exactly and I still haven't heard from USCIS at all.

Is this common? Is there a chance I will still get a 70 day letter? I was planning on going on vacation to Canada in September and was hoping this would all be finished so I could leave the country.

If my name was stuck in the FBI namecheck, would I have gotten the 70 day letter, and since I haven't gotten the letter, can I expect to be approved soon?

Anyone? Pianoman?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

DORA appointments and delays

We were unable to get a DORA apointment at Dallas and posted to Chicago lock box ( per the notice on infopass website) as it was a family based adjustment of status.

Posted :Aug 13th, 2007 (I-485,I-131,I-765)

From reading the forum it appears like the EAD takes about 70-90 days and GC is more unpredictable . Has anyone noticed additional delays since the employement based category became current in July?

wow it's been 21 days and yet money order has not been cashed. still waiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi:

Update to my timeline:

7/19/07 - DORA Interview
7/28/07 - RD I-485, I-130
8/07/07 - Checks cashed
8/11/07 - FP notice
8/28/07 - ND I-485, I-130
8/30/07 - FP @ ASC

DORA fellows,

I've got an email approval of my green card, here is my very brief timeline:
Sep. 2006 interview and 485 filling
Sep. 2007 email approval : Card production ordered.

It took me one year to complete my DORA process. USCIS worked hard and I cannot blame them for my case delay. My case is pending on FBI name check since last year. Thanks for FBI, who didn't work their ass out until recently.

Quick update, I am finished! DORA worked for me.

I was married to a USC March 9th
Initial appointment and interivew May 15th
Finger Printing about 1 month later June 13th
No 70 letter
No EAD
Approved August 31st (both the I-130 and the I-485) and letter sent.

Total Time: ~105 days

Hope that helps!

Good luck all.

Does anybody know when does the "90 days" start for DORA? Does it start on the day of interview, RD date from MSC or ND date from MSC?

hi abba114
i think it starts from the interview date.

my timeline

07/02/07--(day1) Filling and interview date
07/09/07--(day7) RD I-485 and I-130
07/18/07--(day16) ND I-485 and I-130
07/23/07--(day21) NOA FP
08/01/07--(day30) LUD I-130(only visible in my logged in portfolio and on case status it says case received and pending)
08/07/07--(day36) FP@ASC(11.00am)
08/07/07--(day36) LUD I-485(only visible in my logged in portfolio and on case status it says case received and pending)
09/19/07--(day79) still no Approval letter or any 70th day letter.so i`m still waiting and hoping to get it done by the 90th day
10/09/07--(day92) infopass(email from Chris and online status changed to card production ordered)
10/12/07--welcome letter recieved
10/16/07--Current Status: Approval notice sent.

NEED HELP!!
I just got my 70th day letter today. It tells me to go in to get my EAD on Oct 1. However, I have already applied for my EAD back in June. So do I still go in?

i would say go and get it,a bird at hand is worth more than 100 in the bush especially with the immigration