DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

DORA is OVER

USCIS posted a document on its website yesterday afternoon announcing that DORA is over. Now, people can only file by mail to the Chicago Lockbox. They say there were way too many applications in the last months and people had to wait for 3 weeks trying to get an INFOPASS appointment.

What is your take on the announcement?

USCIS posted a document on its website yesterday afternoon announcing that DORA is over. Now, people can only file by mail to the Chicago Lockbox. They say there were way too many applications in the last months and people had to wait for 3 weeks trying to get an INFOPASS appointment.

What is your take on the announcement?

Hi:

Read carefully. DORA is not over - it is just no longer mandatory if you live in the specified districts. Applicants can choose to file via DORA or regular procedures. See the USCIS Press Room for the announcement.

After Interview

Dear All,
I just had my DORA interview on 6/26/07 (F1B). The process went very smoothly, the interviewer only asked me the questions that were on I-485 form (criminal record, name, bday, ss#, address and etc...) At the end of the interview, she told me that it is important to go follow the FP notice that they will mail in about 2 to 4 weeks. Does this mean I pass the interview and the only thing stands between me and the GC is the name check and FP?

Thanks in advance!

I was told the same

Hi,

I filed in March and the officer told me the same thing - follow the FP requirements. So we did, had the fingerprints taken everything seemed ok. However, I have not heard anything from them since. I called the FBI Office in Dallas and they told me that there is a huge namecheck log of 6 months - 4 years and the application is, therefore, stuck in namecheck. On the 70th day after applying I did receive a letter saying that we could go apply for EAD and AP. We decided not to go, though. When the GC comes, there is no need for EAD or AP. Hoping and waiting ... this is all we can do. The problem is that in Dallas, apparently, we can not even get an INFOPASS appointment. The office does not seem to offer them anymore.

good luck to all of you and if you have any news/tips share them.

marina

Hello,
I sure hope that I don't need to wait 4 years in the name check. Now i think about it, my cousin file I485 the old way, he got his passport stamped (temp green card stamp) the day of the interview and it only took him 4 months from the day he filed. So DORA only works sometimes but not all the time.

Good Luck to you all.

Hello,
I sure hope that I don't need to wait 4 years in the name check. Now i think about it, my cousin file I485 the old way, he got his passport stamped (temp green card stamp) the day of the interview and it only took him 4 months from the day he filed. So DORA only works sometimes but not all the time.

Good Luck to you all.

Well, yeah, DORA has never guaranteed a 90 day turnaround. The program attempts to do it in 90 days, but applicants are still subject to FP/Name Check/IBIS clearance. If someone receives a "hit" on his or her name, it goes into a pile for which there is a backlog.

Incidentally, in the "old process", your cousin was able to get a stamp because these checks had been completed. Remember, in the old process, these were usually done before the interview.

DORA and EAD

Anyone have an idea why some applicants receive a 70 day letter and others do not? I have been waiting for my DORA for almost 100 days now and didnot receive the 70 day EAD letter. I did not originally applied for EAD thinking will get greencard in 90 days, now I am stuck waiting, no EAD and no Green Card and unemployed. I have setup an infopass to go see an officer next week any idea of what I should ask the officer?

when i went into DORA interview, I had my EAD application and photos with me as well. However, they return it the photos to me. Does anybody know why they would return my pictures?

hey all,
I had my DORA interview on 6/26. However, I have not heard back from them at all. Today is my 16th day. Does it usually take that long for them to mail me the RD or ND form for my I-485 application?

Ead

My NOA took about 12 days from the interview date to receive in mail.

I just received the 70th day letter yesterday (Day 72) asking us to come to the dallas office to apply for EAD and AP on July 24th. After the acceptance of I-765, i would then have to go to the ASC for the biometrics appointment. And then, within 10 days i should receive the EAD in mail.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Is the biometrics appt the same day as the EAD application?

My husband's company is pushing him to start on July 30th, we dont know if we will have the EAD by then..Please help!!:confused:

Timeline
========
Dora Interview: 4/30/07
NOA received: 5/12/07
Biometrics Appt: 6/7/07
LUD: 6/10/07
70th day letter received: 7/11/07

Last edited by a moderator:
I too recieved that letter today as a matter of fact and i went to dallas to Dora on April 30 too. I don't know what to make of it because i thought my husband was going to get his GC within 90 days.

If your 6/7 Biometric appointment was a code 3, it means, your Biometrics is already on file, and they might issue you an EAD on the spot when u get there on July 24 or mail it to you within 2 weeks as said.

My NOA took about 12 days from the interview date to receive in mail.

I just received the 70th day letter yesterday (Day 72) asking us to come to the dallas office to apply for EAD and AP on July 24th. After the acceptance of I-765, i would then have to go to the ASC for the biometrics appointment. And then, within 10 days i should receive the EAD in mail.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
Is the biometrics appt the same day as the EAD application?

My husband's company is pushing him to start on July 30th, we dont know if we will have the EAD by then..Please help!!:confused:

Timeline
========
Dora Interview: 4/30/07
NOA received: 5/12/07
Biometrics Appt: 6/7/07
LUD: 6/10/07
70th day letter received: 7/11/07

hey all,
I just rec'd my I-485 and I-765 notice today. It says they will mail me another notice for my FP (code 2 for EAD, code 3 for I-485). my questions is, I am about to go to NJ for 10 days, can i do the walk in with this letter for my FP?

Thank you.

Try doing it on saturday they will most likely take you. Worst case they will tell you to show up on date you are suppose to. But chances are you will get it done.

boxster

hey all,
I got my receipt number for both my I-485 and EAD application on Monday. However, I can't find them online. It gives me "Attempting to add a case that does not exist. Check the app receipt number." Does it take them a few days to put my case online?

How Long Till YOu Get an Appointment?

Hi,

I appreciate reading about all your stories with the DORA program. My new husband (from UK) and I have been advised to use this program by our lawyer. It looks like the process is pretty quick once you actually get the appointment/interview!

However, my question is how long does it take to actually get an appointment once you start logging onto the website and looking for one? We've been waiting about three weeks now and still no appointment.

Thanks!

Caroline

EAD appt.

If your 6/7 Biometric appointment was a code 3, it means, your Biometrics is already on file, and they might issue you an EAD on the spot when u get there on July 24 or mail it to you within 2 weeks as said.

Hello All,
Just wanted to blog about my EAD appointment at Dallas office. We had received the 70th day letter asking us to come out on the 24th (day 84) for filing EAD and AP.

The appt was at 6; we waited till 6 15 before the lady at the counter called us. We gave her all the forms and photos ( only two required for AP) for EAD and AP. She briefly looked at it and told us to either come back in few hours to receive our biometrics appt and I 131 or she can mail it to us.

So we came back around 10; she gave us an biometrics letter ( no appt time..just walkin) and AP. Got the fingerprints and picturesdone the same day. They said they would transmit the application to chicago online and should receive EAD in mail within 10 days.

NOw i hope the Greencard doesnt take forever. That would suck!!
Good luck to you all !
====
Timeline
====
Dora appt 4/30/07
Dora biometrics 6/7/07
70 day letter : 7/11/07
EAD appt: 7/24/07