DORA Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment

Does anyone knows what the phone number is to call the FBI to check if my FP was cleared? It has been almost 71 days since DORA interview and haven't heard anything, hope I don't get the 70 day letter. Here is my timeline:
03/29-filled for AOS and interview
04/09-NOA letter received
04/10-LUD with no message
04/14- FP letter received
05/08 - FP/Biometric done
05/08 -LUD with no message
05/09-LUD with no message....
Now still in the waiting game...

DORA Program with EAD letter

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is ok to leave the country while in a DORA GC process with the Advance Parole document? I applied for my parents in the DORA program in Dallas on March 24. They did the fingerprints and on June 6 we received a letter from the INS saying that the 485 GC process will take longer than 90 days but that we could apply for Advance Parole and EAD. So, once the Advance Parole document is approved, is it safe to leave the country and come back? Do you know anyone who did that and returned safely?

Do you know the number to the FBI offices to check for the name check and fingerprint clearing? When we call we give them the names or other info is required?

thank you

Still waiting for my GC!

I had my DORA interview on December 18th, 2006 and have a priority date of December 26th 2006. I got my FP done on time (a month later I think) and then recieved my 70 day notice that stated the inability of USCIS to process my case within the 90 day time frame. The USCIS website has not been updated since Jan 20th and does not reflect the FP milestone either ( the website seems to be useless). I took an infopass appointment yesterday and was told that they are still waiting on the background check to clear. Any suggestions on what I can do from here?
1. When can I petition the local senator?
2. I did not apply for my EAD then, since I had lots of faith in the DORA system. Any way I can now apply for the EAD. (since I did not go for the EAD appointment on my 70 day notice)

3. Is there any way to contact FBI about background checks? They last told me that they have sent their results back.

javaguy1978,
From knowledge of previous posts,
1-You can petition your local senator anytime especially your case have been almost six months
2-Yes, you can still apply for EAD, but since you didn't honor your previous EAD appt last time, you may need to apply by mail which might take almost 3 months, did u check with the officer about this during your infopass yesterday?
3-I think you are stuck in name check. Your FP is done that is probably what the FBI meant when u last spoke to them..

can you please post the FBI number that you called, I need to verify if my FP was submitted

Will anybody help with making infopass appointment. I have been trying since 1 week for AOS in Dallas and all the time I select option "You wish to file for the I-485 Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment (D.O.R.A.) Pilot Program", it says no appointment is available. But you can get appointment if option " You need to file an application for yourself or someone else." is selected. Shall I keep on trying with the first option or it is ok to get appointment with the later option and have interview.

Keep Checking

Will anybody help with making infopass appointment. I have been trying since 1 week for AOS in Dallas and all the time I select option "You wish to file for the I-485 Dallas Office Rapid Adjustment (D.O.R.A.) Pilot Program", it says no appointment is available. But you can get appointment if option " You need to file an application for yourself or someone else." is selected. Shall I keep on trying with the first option or it is ok to get appointment with the later option and have interview.

quad:
Keep checking, I have been trying for 3weeks I just got July 30th.
There are still some timeslots open.
Its almost 50days from now :confused: no other option. I called USCIS customer service and they didn't offer any help except for advicing me to keep trying.....

jdallas

FBI Telephone Number

What is the FBI phone number? Where should we call to check wether the fingerprints in our cases were done and sent back to the INS office?

thank you,

July 30! that's when the new fees kick in! is that intentional on the part of the dallas office?

Maybe Not. I got July 30th after trying for 3weeks every day. Even those appointments were gone in less than 15min. My guess is they open one day at a time.
I'll continue to check everyday for an earlier date.

lame INFOPASS

I don't know who maintains this website, but it's in a pretty poor shape, security certificate is outdated, etc... :( Definitely looks like those folks have better things to do and are very busy :).

But here's what I wanted to say:

Interestingly, after entering your zipcode, you're given 8 options to select from in English, and only 7 (!) in all other languages I tried (and I tried almost all of them). What the hell is this?

My first language is Russian, so after being turned down by the English version, I went ahead and tried the Russian one - this time the closest option (since DORA is gone) is the equivalent of "File an application for yourself or somebody else" and it perfectly gives you appt date and time :). I'm sure they will turn people away who want to file I-485 and go this way..but hell, what else should I choose?? if I only speak or feel more comfortable with Russian (Polish, Arabic, French, Portuguese, ...)??

Just wanted to bring up this point... Comments are welcome!

I think all the folks who had taken infopass appointment in past for this DORA can guide us. If they could reply how long it took them to actually get an appointment through the infopass website. Is this problem of "no appointments available" recent or has been like this always. Thanks in advance to the seniors!

Good idea. If anyone can share their experience, please do so!
I'm sending a lot of thanks your way in advance.

Alright I have both good and bad news for you guys trying to beat the July 30 deadline by getting a Dallas infopass appointment before the deadline. Well the good news is that there are still some free days in June and in July. The bad news is that, you have to be sitting at your computer a whole day before you can get a date. Ok this is what I did. I wanted a date on the week of the 23 of July. It took me 2 days to get one on the 24. I installed a webpage refresher that automatically updates the page every x second, set by you. Mine was set at 3 seconds. then you just have to sit infront of your computer hoping an open date will come. in my case I saw several appointments in throughout the day. if you are limited by time, try and be infront of your computer from 1:30PMET to about 5PM or from 5amET to 6AMET: thats when I observed a lot of open dates coming through.
The open slots don't last though. If i may guess the average time it takes for an open appointment to dissapper is 15seconds.
Trick: As soon as u see an open slot you like, click on it , click on the time available and quickly turn off the refresher! you can also manually refresh the page yourself. I suggest every 5 seconds. As I said by 15seconds it will be gone

Good luck u ALL!!

Approved at 61 days!!

can anyone who has had their permanent residency approved through DORA answer this question.
my permanent residency petition has been approved, how long can i expect it to take for me to complete the process, meaning get my ss# and my greencard?

Here's what my online notice says:
Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 14, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Heres some info about me:
April 13th, 2007 - i had my appointment
May 22nd, 2007 - finger printed
June 14th, 2007 - Received my Approval notice online

I applied as an underage child of a US Citizen, and have been here 7years.
DORA does work!!!

Fingerprints and Name Check - DESPERATE!!!!

Hello,

do you know where to check for the fingerprint/name checks? I just called the FBI office and they told me that the FBI does not do fingerprint and name checks anymore.

Anybody knows anything?

I filed thru the DORA program in March and, after taking the FP, still have not received a word from INS.

Any help is much much appreciated.

Patience learned while waiting.

Key to name check and GC is patience and sit bac relax and give up some of the stress.Nothing happens quickly for most.We had our fingerprints and name check started back on Jan 18th and still other than a LUD change day of fingerprinting nothing has changed.As you will notice when reading the forum some are stuck in name check for months and the worst cases for years.So best to sit back and relax immigration has its own invisable timeline it seems to follow.Some move along quickly ,and then others of us are taught a great lesson in patience.When you do get informed these processes are complete you are well on your way to green card in hand.Till then best to find a habby or you will go nutz watching for changes and updates.

DORA dates

I am in dallas.. i looking for DORA dates for last couple but unable to get it.. i wanted to know if we can apply using post or wait till i get date for DORA.please advise which will be the best way .

I am in dallas.. i looking for DORA dates for last couple but unable to get it.. i wanted to know if we can apply using post or wait till i get date for DORA.please advise which will be the best way .

If this is family based case and you live in Dallas area you have to go through DORA program. You can't do this through mail. That is my understanding.

boxster.