Don't Delay any more

Reminder for those who have postponed their joining date :D

Some people who are contributing online are not posting here. For example i see 3 donations today in the paypal account, but none of them have posted it here. I do not know the user names of those people. They might be from another forum (otherwise they might have posted here)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi dsatish,

I contributed $100 to the cause today.
Takes only 5 minutes but due to some issues it took me this long.

Thanks to you folks for taking the initiative..

Check sent today

Just think how small the donation would be compared to the benefit you might get, you will be willingness to pay.

For fighting the service we deserve.

Check sent today

Just think how small the donation would be compared to the benefit you might get, you will be willingness to pay.

For fighting the service we deserve.

WAY TO GO!!!!

I am already amazed at the amount collected!!!!

Hopefully we will reach the target within 6-months time.

If the class action lawsuit brings some +ve results, then I am sure money will automatically start pouring in as more people will start beleiving.

Let us cross fingers and hope we present a good case :) :) :)

Re: WAY TO GO!!!!

Originally posted by ramss

If the class action lawsuit brings some +ve results, then I am sure money will automatically start pouring in as more people will start beleiving.

Let us cross fingers and hope we present a good case :) :) :)

Actually it's other way, We need funds to support community activities like litigation. Luckily Rajiv is helping us without any monetary benefit. But we have to support Rajiv to gather support for class action litigation.

Re: WAY TO GO!!!!

Originally posted by ramss

ramss,
6 months is too long. We want to act fast and get quick results. 50K is a good target though we might be able to start our activities after reaching 35K. At the rate we are going now, i am hoping that we will be able to reach the 30K mark within 1 month from now. Logic : We collected 13K in 1 month. This was a period of pessimism. Now that the collection is picking up and we already collected big amount, people start believing in us and more people should be joining now. So i expect more collection(around 17K) in the next month than in the previous 1 month period.

Hi dsatish,

I contributed $100 through Paypal.

Web Accept Payment Sent
Payment To immigrationportal.org $100.00 USD May 5, 2004 Completed Details
Thank You guys..

Dsatish and Edison,
Have you considered a few additional lines of thought to collect the donation.
1) You should carry a poll on this site asking people to indicate whether they want to contribute or not.
2) For the people who indicate that they want to contribute, ask them how much can they contribute on a monthly basis.
3) Then set a monthly paypal service where, say a 1000 guys can contribute $30 each, and that will give you $30K , each month to buy support and resources to reduce backlog.
4) 1000 guys means 250 approx from each Service center. Doable but tough.
5) You cannot make a lot of headway to reduce the backlog unless you have lots of funds. This is a capitalist country and everything rolls with money.
6) Print a weekly list of money spent and collected. This will avoid some guys from making negative comments ( simple excuse to avoid getting involved).

If on the otherside, you get the feedback that not enough guys are participating, then we should switch to plan B.
And yes, I did contribute. Will contribute in future.

Originally posted by vi00
Dsatish and Edison,
Have you considered a few additional lines of thought to collect the donation.
1) You should carry a poll on this site asking people to indicate whether they want to contribute or not.
2) For the people who indicate that they want to contribute, ask them how much can they contribute on a monthly basis.
3) Then set a monthly paypal service where, say a 1000 guys can contribute $30 each, and that will give you $30K , each month to buy support and resources to reduce backlog.
4) 1000 guys means 250 approx from each Service center. Doable but tough.
5) You cannot make a lot of headway to reduce the backlog unless you have lots of funds. This is a capitalist country and everything rolls with money.
6) Print a weekly list of money spent and collected. This will avoid some guys from making negative comments ( simple excuse to avoid getting involved).

If on the otherside, you get the feedback that not enough guys are participating, then we should switch to plan B.
And yes, I did contribute. Will contribute in future.

I have already conducted the poll a few days back. See the following thread :
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121175 . About 66 people have responded and two third of them have either contributed or about to contribute. I will wait for another 2 weeks before going for another poll. We should not do the same thing too often.
We also thought that 1000 people will contribute and we can collect the target fund in 1 month. Now the reality was different. It started horribly, but due to our persistent efforts now we have about 125 to 150 contributors. So it is no use making estimates based on assumption that certain number of people will contribute. Better thing would be keep persisting with the efforts and motivate people to join this fight against backlogs. As the money grows, more and more people will start believing in our ability to produce goods. I am very much satisfied with the current pace of things. Daily we are collecting around $500. It may not be great, but the fact that this amount is coming pretty steadily, is a good sign. Be optimistic . We are going for the kill .

The total collection has reached $14,000 now.
Online collection was $10,200 and Check collection was around $3800.
Yesterday's contributions = $750.

We are seeing an average inflow of $500 per day. Today, we got very little collection as of now. I request some people to contribute today.

Let us take this fight into the opponents(CIS) court. They are answerable to congress and our target is to appeal all the congress men as a united group. You will definitely see a sea change once we start the campaign (should be within 2 to 3 months). Let's believe in our united effort.

Those who have not contributed yet, please join us today. Let's not lose the momentum.
The total collection = $14,000 (approx)
Yesterday's contributions = $170 :eek:

The total collection = $14,300 (approx)
Yesterday's contributions = $300

I request more people to join. Together we can make a difference.Please don't watch from the sidelines :confused:

RE: DSatish

Please would you be able to advise me the mailing address and the name to whom to cut out the check so as I may make my contribution, am sorry for the delay but please do count me in.

You can email me at dude2711725@yahoo.com and I will send a check ovber 5/11/04.

Thanks to all for taking these issues on our behalf...

dude2711725 said:
Please would you be able to advise me the mailing address and the name to whom to cut out the check so as I may make my contribution, am sorry for the delay but please do count me in.

You can email me at dude2711725@yahoo.com and I will send a check ovber 5/11/04.

Visit contributions page on Immigrationportal.org website. All the requested details are available.

Thanks.

dude2711725 said:

For checks, please send in favor of : ImmigrationPortal.org

Mailing Address:
ImmigrationPortal.org
Attn : Vijay Sharma
5225, N.Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22205-1148

The total collection = $14,700 (approx)
week-end contributions = $350 (approx)* including one check payment

I request more people to join. Together we can make a difference.Please don't watch from the sidelines :confused: