Done with it !

Herohonda

Registered Users (C)
Finally done with it ! I know how much eager we all are to come post those magic and scare words like, GOT IT ! or APPROVED !!! Actually I have gone through this drama twice, three years ago for Canadian immigration and Now for US immigration.

My story is long and full of ups and downs and twists and turns but finally it seems I made it, by all account when I look back I can not believe that our passports have I-551 temporary permanent residence stamps on it.

Anyway here are my details.

EB1 (employer based)
RD 05/14/02
Transferred the case to local BCIS office on Oct 22nd, 2003
Interview notice rcd Jan 12,2004
Interviewed and stamped on Jan 20,2004.

Interview was basically a formality, the officer said in the beginning that it looked like a slam dunk case, he asked us to raise our hands and swear that we will tell only the truth and nothing but the truth, then he asked whether I was working for the same employer to which I replied yes.

I have always believed and will continue to believe this that the solution of this GC saga (insecurity and desperation) doesn't lie in getting GC, This problem can be corrected by improving india, by creating more jobs and resources in India,(can be achieved by reducing the population down to 100 million) then this GC stuff won't matter much. in that case GC will be as much important to us as much as it is to Germans and Japanese.

If anyone has any questions let me know, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Hero Honda and well said.

I think with all the infrastructure initiatives in place, things will improve rapidly in India. In my every trip in last 3 years. I have seen things improving, atleast in Delhi and areas around it..

Which Local office were you transferred too I have been transferred to Hartford on oct 31st 2003 and heard nada...

Wanted to ask u a question...is there a problem in getting GC
if you have Canadian Perm Residency stamped on passport ?
Do the US Imm authorities create a problem ?
Did you have Canadian Perm Residency stamped on passport
before we got GC approval ?

Thx

Originally posted by Herohonda
Finally done with it ! I know how much eager we all are to come post those magic and scare words like, GOT IT ! or APPROVED !!! Actually I have gone through this drama twice, three years ago for Canadian immigration and Now for US immigration.

My story is long and full of ups and downs and twists and turns but finally it seems I made it, by all account when I look back I can not believe that our passports have I-551 temporary permanent residence stamps on it.

Anyway here are my details.

EB1 (employer based)
RD 05/14/02
Transferred the case to local BCIS office on Oct 22nd, 2003
Interview notice rcd Jan 12,2004
Interviewed and stamped on Jan 20,2004.

Interview was basically a formality, the officer said in the beginning that it looked like a slam dunk case, he asked us to raise our hands and swear that we will tell only the truth and nothing but the truth, then he asked whether I was working for the same employer to which I replied yes.

I have always believed and will continue to believe this that the solution of this GC saga (insecurity and desperation) doesn't lie in getting GC, This problem can be corrected by improving india, by creating more jobs and resources in India,(can be achieved by reducing the population down to 100 million) then this GC stuff won't matter much. in that case GC will be as much important to us as much as it is to Germans and Japanese.

If anyone has any questions let me know, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

No I didn't have Canadian GC in my passport as I let the Canadian GC go and didn't land in Canada despite approval.