DONE!!!! CP done at Chennai on Nov. 23rd and POE on Dec. 2nd

sg_2010

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am done with the CP interview on November 23 at Chennai. It was smooth sailing, with no questions asked. Thank you all very much for your support and help throughout this process and responding to my frantic e-mails and frequent paranoia.

I arranged the docs in SriFX’s order, who I think has done both us and the Chennai Consulate a great favor by streamlining the process.

I am sure all you guys will do well. Just to let everybody know, typing or handwriting P4 does not matter. But, please, remember to keep your latest pay stubs and H-1B approvals (for those whose visas have expired) easily accessible. I have also received the visa back by blue dart. There were no changes in my passport, and the approval was stapled on to a sealed packet containing my set of forms. There were no mistakes on the form.

I am, now, back in the US and the POE at DC on Dec. 2 went off without a glitch. Even though the guy at the POE said to expect my GC in 6-8 months, I hear people are getting their GC in 10-12 weeks. He was going to give me a form with instructions to call INS in case of change in address and basically to track my GC, but I forgot to pick it up from him. I am wondering if anyone can scan that and post it on this site?

Post CPers, Going forward, I am wondering what all is required in terms of what I tell the HR department at my company, are there any new forms to fill out, and are there any other steps that I need to take to set the GC in stone. I would appreciate all responses. This is especially critical since my company is in the process of being bought-over by the end of December.

Congratulations...go to Immihelp.com

to get further info on post GC - things to do...
i haven\'t read it yet as i\'m still wating for a feb/March interview in Delhi...all the best

Thanks a lot guys - just another question

Thank you guys

My company is being acquired by another, and I am wondering what impact if any that will have on my GC.

Also the company wants me to shift location to another office within the company. I had been asking them to hold off on it till after the CP and I am wondering if it is okay to tell them to go ahead and do it now??

sg_2010, You are done. Don\'t worry about aquisitions now.

After GC, you don\'t have to worry about any employer related changes. It\'s their responsibility. You still have GC. If you quit by your self immediately with out any valid reason, you may have to think twice. Just relax and enjoy your post GC life.

Thank you all

Thanks guys and especially to SriFX

As regards hotels superman - Maris, Ranjith, New Woodlands, Savera and Chola (in increasing order of costs) - are all very close to the Consulate. Being from Madras, I have not had the fortune to stay at any of them, but form other posts I hear maris is both neat and reasonable. And, finally, enjoy your visit to the city.