don\'t have a birth certificate....please suggest

tara6

Registered Users (C)
hi friends
Iam applying for immigration to Canada and have gathered all required documents for the process. I, however,don\'t have a birth certificate and to top it all Iam in the US right now. Kindly suggest if I could still go ahead and apply with other documents like a passport which has birth date on it?

Thanks a lot

Birth Certificate

You dont have to send that right now. I did not send. I am talking about 2001. I dont know whether rules have changed now. But you can ask your parents to get Notarize certificate and non availability certificate.

Hey tara

U have ur date of birth in your passport. Actually when u submit a copy of ur passport that itself is sufficient. I have done that. For Canada Immigration purposes they accept copy of passport as a proof of your date of birth.

One important thing is that after u submit ur application, the consulate will send u info of missing papers or insufficient documentation and will request u to send them. So don\'t worry much.

But if U still feel that u need a certificate then u can get a certificate to this effect from Indian Consulate and u can submit the same.

And as Ravi suggested in the meanwhile get in touch with someone in india and ask them to get a Birth Certificate. This will be useful for future purposes.

Good Luck

That should work or in my case I went to the Indian embassy in Wash DC and they gave ame a birth cer

Send a handwritten note

You can also attach a handwritten note explaing the inability to provide a birth certificate.