Domestic Violence

nick1970

Hi back in 2014 i was arrested for domestic violence, in march same year i was issued green card. after my arrest the judge order me to take several different classes no probation. I took all the classes as required by the court and then the judge dismissed the case. same time my wife has signed the affidavit with DA office in regards of dropping the charges.
My question is that you have to wait 3-5 years to apply for the citizenship after getting your green card. I have not traveled outside USA and have not been arrested for anything may be traffic tkt. Should i apply for citizenship now or wait little longer or there is a chance for me to get deported. If i can apply for citizen do i have to be married or what if i am separated or divorced. My green card was issued to me through my spouse, please your help will be highly appreciated.

Hi back in 2014 i was arrested for domestic violence, in march same year i was issued green card. after my arrest the judge order me to take several different classes no probation. I took all the classes as required by the court and then the judge dismissed the case. same time my wife has signed the affidavit with DA office in regards of dropping the charges.
My question is that you have to wait 3-5 years to apply for the citizenship after getting your green card. I have not traveled outside USA and have not been arrested for anything may be traffic tkt. Should i apply for citizenship now or wait little longer or there is a chance for me to get deported. If i can apply for citizen do i have to be married or what if i am separated or divorced. My green card was issued to me through my spouse, please your help will be highly appreciated.
I'm no lawyer
Assuming the Domestic Violence fell under the "Simple Assault" charge
I would apply now if it were me

Make sure to list the arrest and have the court Disposition showing the case was dismissed.

I’m a USC and my wife got the 2 years conditional on October 2019. She left home in February and come back sometimes, she makes excuses, then i found out she has a bf for a while and i challenge her and i wanted a divorce, later she convince me she love me and i m in love too so she came back home and i forgave her, once she cane back she was abusing me physically and emotionally, now we sleep in separate room and for precaution i have a voice recording in my room since she provoke me all the time, so i have recordingS of her assaulting And threatened, back in February i was at the bar near home with my friend and she came to the bar and pushed me and hit me with a bottle then she called the police on me, i don’t k ow what’s in the report but i didn’t get arrested( i asked the bar for a copy of a video) Last month i saw the medical bill she went to the doctor to check on her swallow hand ( she did it herself while assaulting me and missed and hit the corner of the table) also went to psychiatrist and got deppresion pills but she never took it, overheard to talking to a social worker, I believe she’s applying a waiver for i751 based on domestic violence. So i confronted her and she denies it and i told her i have evidence to prove it, since i have the recording in my room; she was talking to her bf to put a gps in my car. She now using other tactic to get me upset by taking my car key with her and disappear for all day and night, i fall into her trap once, i called and asked her if she gonna come back, she said NO, so i told her i know you’re fabricating a case against me but i have evidence that will screw you, she recorded me. September she went to LA for A month and told me she left because i want to kill her in a text message. What can i do in this case? I heard vawa or DV it’s very easy if they know how to fabricate a case, any advise ?

I’m a USC and my wife got the 2 years conditional on October 2019. She left home in February and come back sometimes, she makes excuses, then i found out she has a bf for a while and i challenge her and i wanted a divorce, later she convince me she love me and i m in love too so she came back home and i forgave her, once she cane back she was abusing me physically and emotionally, now we sleep in separate room and for precaution i have a voice recording in my room since she provoke me all the time, so i have recordingS of her assaulting And threatened, back in February i was at the bar near home with my friend and she came to the bar and pushed me and hit me with a bottle then she called the police on me, i don’t k ow what’s in the report but i didn’t get arrested( i asked the bar for a copy of a video) Last month i saw the medical bill she went to the doctor to check on her swallow hand ( she did it herself while assaulting me and missed and hit the corner of the table) also went to psychiatrist and got deppresion pills but she never took it, overheard to talking to a social worker, I believe she’s applying a waiver for i751 based on domestic violence. So i confronted her and she denies it and i told her i have evidence to prove it, since i have the recording in my room; she was talking to her bf to put a gps in my car. She now using other tactic to get me upset by taking my car key with her and disappear for all day and night, i fall into her trap once, i called and asked her if she gonna come back, she said NO, so i told her i know you’re fabricating a case against me but i have evidence that will screw you, she recorded me. September she went to LA for A month and told me she left because i want to kill her in a text message. What can i do in this case? I heard vawa or DV it’s very easy if they know how to fabricate a case, any advise ?
Get a lawyer , someone that will help you legally use the evidence you have to prove , from what I read. She's just using you to get a GC . With the domestic violence claim she can remove 2 year GC conditions without you .