Domestic Violence and i-485, arrest report information

Lata2021

I have been married for 14yrs,I'm on H1-B and my wife is on H4.
About 5 yrs ago I was arrested for DV 4th degree, and the case was dismissed and i was found "not guilty".
I took anger management classes.
There was a no-contact issued right after the arrest but dropped after a few weeks.
This was the only arrest I had.
we're applying for i-485 and I had a question: we got the court documents and the arrest report talks about bruises the cops saw on my wife and previous assaults that my wife mentioned (no cops were involved), will this information have an impact on my application or USCIS interview? I'm also thinking of contacting a lawyer who can help me.

Any help and advice will be good. thank you.

For this case a lawyer is a must have, but there should be no problem to get what is yours' if the verdict was that you're not guilty.

It would be way tougher for you if you had the case lost, but as lost as you have been proven to be not guilty, there is a success rate of about 75% to win the case from the start.

About 5 yrs ago I was arrested for DV 4th degree, and the case was dismissed and i was found "not guilty".
There was a no-contact issued right after the arrest but dropped after a few weeks.
we're applying for i-485 and I had a question: we got the court documents and the arrest report talks about bruises the cops saw on my wife and previous assaults that my wife mentioned (no cops were involved), will this information have an impact on my application or USCIS interview? I'm also thinking of contacting a lawyer who can help me.

Any update in your case?

Please let us know where you are on the I485 app. I'm in a similar situation and trying to get an undertanding of the process.
If you feel comfortable we can discuss this privately. I can be reached at xxxxxxxxxxx. Hope to hear back!
Thanks
Ab

Last edited by a moderator: